What's new

Hello from PA

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Hi Matt. Welcome to B&B. When you get a chance head over to the Hall of Fame and tell us a little more about yourself.

My sincere suggestion, try different blades, prep with at least warm water splashes and use no pressure on the razor. The clamping of the merica is impressive but if you put any pressure on your face with it compared to the futur clone, it will bite.

The merica is a heavy razor, so learning a light touch can be acquired but you will get there.

My sincere suggestion, try different blades, prep with at least warm water splashes and use no pressure on the razor. The clamping of the merica is impressive but if you put any pressure on your face with it compared to the futur clone, it will bite.

The merica is a heavy razor, so learning a light touch can be acquired but you will get there.
Thanks, I did have a good shave with it using a Derby Extra blade and a lighter touch. Got a good close shave without the nicks.

Going to save the Dorco Prime's for the Lupo and use Derby Extra's with the Merica while a blade sampler comes my way. I just got the Lupo .95 OC and .58 plates and enjoy them all including the .72. Got nick free shaves now with almost all Lupo plates (minus the 95 SB and DC one I don't have :)) Can't yet tell which is my favorite plate as they all seem to serve their own purpose and hold their own like in an adjustable.

Last edited:
Reactions: OB1
I recommend that you not buy anything else until you perfect your technique. Pick a razor and blade, any razor and blade combo, and stick with it. Shave for 6 months without changing anything. When you consistently get great shaves with that set up: 1. You may be done and continue on w that set up forever (unlikely, haha) or 2. introduce only one variable at a time and gauge the result

I know this is an unpopular position on B&B but this is only shaving, you know, not a contest to acquire the most expensive or most esoteric or simply the most stuff. Go slow and enjoy the shave. There is no magic razor or blade or soap or brush or whatever that will bring the ultimate shave. As most folks here will agree it’s the technique that matters.

Welcome aboard. I live in PA too. Just got a ‘Merica razor which I like so far. Made in PA! It is milder than the Lupo which I also have. Don’t press too hard to get the same blade feel or you will bleed. Merica will have less blade feel but it’s still cutting. Listen to it cut and just adjust angle. I had same issue transitioning from blade feel to minimal blade feel razors. This is all of course a guess. Good luck!

Top Bottom