BrushOmega 10049

Software
PreStirling Unscented Pre-Shave Soap
LatherClubman Shave Soap [9]
PostGabel's Sta-Cool

Rating
6 / 10

Notes
The Derby Extra gives a fine few shaves before falling off quicker than anything else I've tried recently. I'll swap to the fresh edge tomorrow.

Head shave 116/366. A solid 10.
Tuesday April 23, 2024
Bowl: Shave Nation
Brush: Simpson X3
Lather: Tabac
Razor: Henson ++
Blade: Crystal Israeli (1)

IMG_6883.jpg

I've been shaving my head for 20 years. I've tried many different razors. The only one I recommend is the Henson.

Henson Razor First Use: October 14, 2021
"First ever Face and Head shave with the Henson AL 13 Mild. I had my doubts with the small blade gap but the results just blew me away! Ridiculously good!"

Henson Usage (number of shaves) through 04/24/2024
Total shave with Henson Razors: 884
Detailed breakdown by aggression:

Henson + = 434
Henson ++ = 172
Henson +++ = 278

Thursday, April 25, 2024

Hardware
RazorRazoRock Game Changer 0.68P
BladeDerby Extra [7]
BrushOmega 10049

Software
PrePAA Cube
LatherClubman Shave Soap [11]
PostGabel's Bay Rum

Rating
8 / 10

Notes
Clubman shave soap works well enough, though post-shave feel is mediocre at best. I'll get back to Cella or Vitos tomorrow.

I've been shaving my head for more than 20 years, but it was always with a cartridge razor. I have the typical male pattern baldness and never went for the birds nest look and I abhor a comb-over.

Now I've seen the light and started shaving my face with a straight razor and my head with a DE razor. Currently I'm using a Goodfellas' Smile Bayonetta. I have a Yates Winner on order and I'm expecting that to be a good head shaving razor.

Friday, April 26, 2024

Hardware
RazorKarve Bison
BladeGillette Perma-Sharp [1]
BrushOmega 10049

Software
PrePAA Cube
LatherVitos Extra Super Coco (Kilo) [9]
PostGabel’s Bay Rum

Rating
10 / 10

Notes
Inaugural shave with the Bison, which came in this afternoon. Very nice!

Sunday night head shave

I let things get away from me and hadn’t shaved my head in a full 7 days. The Karve CB with a D-plate took care of that no problem! This razor is on the aggressive side and will leave me with irritation if I’m not careful, but no problems at all tonight. Blade was a Bic Astor with 3 shaves on it.

IMG_3958.jpeg

Head shaves both Friday night and this afternoon using my Henson++ with fresh Bic Chrome Platinum blades. Neither shave were very good, sad to say.

The shave on Friday had quite a bit of irritation and I’m sure that doing a head shave with the ++ had something to do with it.

The shave this afternoon was a good bit better but after just a couple/few hours I could feel stubble poking through. Usually I can get a 12+ hour bbs shave but today it just wasn’t happening I guess.

Good thing is that my mild was still loaded with the Feather blade from a week or two ago and I was able to knock down some of the stubble with just water and the razor. It’s not perfect by any means but it’s definitely smoother.

Maybe the mild is more of what I need to use?

Maybe now I can see why people say that the Bic Chrome Platinum is an inconsistent blade?

Top Bottom