What's new

Head shave with a Vision 2000

Today I used my Merkur Vision 2000 loaded with a Feather blade to shave my head. I have never thought much of the Vision, its big, has been known to have quality control issues.
I used it on setting 3, no nicks or cuts. Maybe after this great head shave I do have a use for the Vision after all.

Sounds like a good first attempt:)
I shave my head daily as well.
Usually I use a feather Artist Club, but often I use a straight or a DE as well.
Of my 3 DE's the Vision is my clear favorite.
The Fatboy and the Stainless Feather are also good razors, but the Vision is quite simply superior when it comes to shaving the head.
The weight, balance and aggressiveness is perfect for my use.

Today I used my Merkur Vision 2000 loaded with a Feather blade to shave my head. I have never thought much of the Vision, its big, has been known to have quality control issues.
I used it on setting 3, no nicks or cuts. Maybe after this great head shave I do have a use for the Vision after all.

:yikes::yikes::yikes:

wow...your one brave dude :)

+1.

Sounds like a good first attempt:)
I shave my head daily as well.
Usually I use a feather Artist Club, but often I use a straight or a DE as well.
Of my 3 DE's the Vision is my clear favorite.
The Fatboy and the Stainless Feather are also good razors, but the Vision is quite simply superior when it comes to shaving the head.
The weight, balance and aggressiveness is perfect for my use.

More man than I am and I'm not ashamed to admit it!

marty

What setting are you using

On my vision there is actually no numbers to indicate the setting.
There is only the letters VISION, so I'm not able to say anything other than that I set it between the S and the second I in Vision.

If I were to make a comparison to my Gillette Fatboy, that would be similar to an 8 on that.
I use 7 on the fatboy when the blades are brand new, 8 from the second shave on.
The blades I use are the yellow gillette's or the Feather.

I also shave my head and have tried most razors.. including slant,Feather AS,Pils ,and pretty much every Gillette. The clear cut scariest is my newest acquisition the Cobra Classic. The sound it makes mowing down the whiskers is knee buckling...:scared::scared:

Top Bottom