What's new

Haslinger (non tallow)

I’m glad, I’ve still got 12 pucks of the old tallow Haslinger Schafmilch sheep milk version..... Still haven’t tried the new version... yet

Absolute top tier. I'm currently working my way through a puck of honey, albeit the old tallow formula. As good as any soap I've ever shaved with! When I heard they switched I horded and have several dozen old tallow formula, so I'll never experience the new formula, but if it's anything like the tallow version :thumbsup:

I just stick the small puck in the bottom of any old mug, no grating necessary. Lather from around the sides adds to the surface area and the puck lasts longer for me. It's a great soap.

I would never change either of those two by mixing them, Haslinger is wonderful by itself and so is Mitchell's.

I only combine soaps in the scrap container ( early pottery Old Spice mug), and right now that mixture is currently pretty good -- chunks and slices of Williams, Palmolive, Cella, and Speick pressed together. Whew!

Got to get some tabac in there to round it out;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just received my first Haslinger puck. I nearly cried when I saw the size of it...then I remembered it was cheap.
It will have to be good if it wants to sit next to my Tabac for long.

Just received my first Haslinger puck. I nearly cried when I saw the size of it...then I remembered it was cheap.

I'm not a heavy brush loader. But my Haslinger puck has lasted quite a while now. It has consistently given me great shaves too.

If I had to guess. I would say your going to like it.

I’ve mentioned it before in other threads but it’s worth mentioning here... Connaught sells these for 4gbp or $4.80 USD a puck. Half price Compared to US vendors, easily. Shipping is around $5. While you’re there do yourself a favor and pick up the Connaught Omega Jade boar. You’re welcome!

Combine two pucks, that makes a decent sized 120g puck that will last for around four or five months of daily shaves, cost about 8 quid.

Top Bottom