What's new

Hard Luck with Damaskeenes

I wish you luck Jeff in your hunt for a nice Damaskeene. It is my favorite 1912 variant and now second favorite razor (after the Cobra).

There are plenty in good shape to be found, just takes some patience and looking. There is a minty cased one on the bay, but the price is a little high side for an SE.

Maybe one of the members here who have more than one will be willing to sell you one for a decent price. Just put the word out you want one.
Thanks Arley. Yeah, I saw that one on Ebay. I also saw a regular 1912 labeled "Damaskeene," so the sellers are already seeing $$$ for these.

I hear you about patience...and the rough one I have gave me a great shave yesterday, so I can still enjoy their shaving ability until I find a nicer one. I think I'm going to start looking out in the wild too. I may have to drive further out but it may be worth it.

+1...what my bro said Jeff....just add a WTB in your signature....I know turtle and many others have great luck that way...and who knows....a brother may have a spare minty one he is welling to let go at a fair price!!
Hey Ken, yeah I'm going to add that WTB in my sig. And, yes, maybe some B&B brother will offer to sell me one! :)

Thanks Arley. Yeah, I saw that one on Ebay. I also saw a regular 1912 labeled "Damaskeene," so the sellers are already seeing $$$ for these.

I hear you about patience...and the rough one I have gave me a great shave yesterday, so I can still enjoy their shaving ability until I find a nicer one. I think I'm going to start looking out in the wild too. I may have to drive further out but it may be worth it.

The one guy on the 'bay who was asking $35 for one relisted it now for $75.00!!! I guess he figures since no one bought it for $35.00, by making it $75.00 people will think that is really a collectible.

The one guy on the 'bay who was asking $35 for one relisted it now for $75.00!!! I guess he figures since no one bought it for $35.00, by making it $75.00 people will think that is really a collectible.
Yeah, I saw that! Interesting selling strategy. Not exactly intuitive but maybe your idea is correct...higher price must mean it's a collector quality item. He relisted some other razors and did the same thing...doubled the selling price. Maybe he forgot his meds today?

Yeah, I saw that! Interesting selling strategy. Not exactly intuitive but maybe your idea is correct...higher price must mean it's a collector quality item. He relisted some other razors and did the same thing...doubled the selling price. Maybe he forgot his meds today?

Sadly I think that happens a lot. Kind of like the Martha Stewart mentality of selling pies, if it does not sell for $5.00, price them at $20.00 because everyone will assume it is better quality.

Top Bottom