What's new

Hard drive cleaning...C drive

Glad it all got worked out -- and in one evening no less! Ain't this place great?! :biggrin:

Thats right! I would have wound up taking it to Best Buy and having them charge $50 to do the same thing. All my friends are computer illiterate and my neigbor that is tech savvy is not worth listening to for that long and I would owe him forever(in beer):w00t: thanks again guys:biggrin::biggrin:

Thats right! I would have wound up taking it to Best Buy and having them charge $50 to do the same thing. All my friends are computer illiterate and my neigbor that is tech savvy is not worth listening to for that long and I would owe him forever(in beer):w00t: thanks again guys:biggrin::biggrin:

We accept Paypal. :wink:

Glad you got it worked out.

We accept Paypal. :wink:

Glad you got it worked out.

now how is he gonna PayPal beer? :lol:
glad you're up and going
generally, you should only have to redirect My Document, as My Pictures/Music/Videos etc is inside, but I noticed you're using Vista, I've not looked at that option yet in it, so I'm not sure yet

Congrats and have fun

Glad your problems are in remission. If you want to tweak some more: In Vista, if you type "disk managment" in the start search box under the start menu it will bring up the partition stuff you need. If you need to use other programs to erase or combine partitions, just make sure you run them as "administrator" (right click on the icon and you'll see the option) or temporarily disable UAC. Unless a previous user was playing around with dual boot options (XP, Linux) I don't get why the main OS partition would be so small--particularly with something as bloated as Vista.

glad you got it worked out, but never take anything to Best Buy find a local computer store,try here B&B and or a pc support forum anything but them, I have seen them sell service contracts to people on new computers, charge for installing programs that were pre-installed from manufacturers and generally just not having a clue

Top Bottom