What's new

Happily, after broken arm, back to DE shaving

After a long recovery from a broken arm and rebuilt elbow, today was the first day I had the mobility and confidence to break out the Fatboy for a good shave. Great pleasure after a few months of a beard and then a Mach-3.

So good to be back with my tools: Fatboy, Gillette SB blade, vintage Floris brush, trusty bowl. I went with Speick cream and AS this morning. Fabulous 2 1/2 pass shave. One tiny nick only chin; not too bad.

Anyway, glad to be back.

Long recovery sounds like an understatement! Glad you are back to health...sounds like you haven’t lost your touch, just like riding a bike.

Welcome back!

Good to hear that you're healthy and you're back. Every now and again I try shaving with my off hand and do ok (well maybe not ok, I just don't gouge myself too badly) everywhere except my chin and mustache area. I don't know if I could shave for a few months one-handed.

I shaved with a Mach-3 in my left, non-dominant paw, for about three months. Shaves only so-so. Today with my DE and a new blade, I used both hands (not at once) and I'm pleased that my busted right arm was mainly up to the task, and I got a great, close shave.

Yes, a really long recovery; fell in mid-June. Thanks for the good wishes. This is such a pleasant place.

Welcome to your recovery!
I can sympathize!
Broken ankle in July, also three months disabled.
Shaved from wheelchair, with basin in lap.
Now able to stand, shower, walk.
Still some months of therapy work until full sports mobility.
Best wishes on your continued progress!

Glad to hear you're back to DE shaving. A Fatboy and a GSB seems like a great combo to get back int the swing of it.

C33B7FA7-43C4-4B05-94BC-F514DC8DD9FF.jpeg
You realize, you could have gotten a barber shave!

Well, I did get a straight-razor shave from my local barber, to get rid of my beard a few months ago. But my barber Pedro looks nothing like the picture above. What gives?

@sarimento1 @Vespasian I go to a female barber, but she doesn't dress like that. She's vegan, has purple hair, sometimes in dreadlocks, tats, facial peircings, and does an excelent hair cut. I haven't asked for a straight shave, yet.

I have noticed that many of the female barbers out here have that look.
You could be right. She's the first female barber I've been to. But, I see alot more tats on Millenials than on Boomers and Gen X'ers. I don't care about it, it's just different.

I think the barber trade is making a bit of a comeback with the millenials.
It seems like all the working barbers are either in their 20's to 30's or they are nearing retirement. I think most of my generation's men (I was born at the tail end of Generation X) abandond barber shops for hair salons.

Glad you are back in the saddle, Vespasian. What was worse, breaking your arm, or shaving with a Mach-3?

Top Bottom