What's new

Dorco Pace 6 PRO

Since my right arm is in rehab mode from a break and my left arm doesn't have much dexterity, i decided to use carts. I have not used them in over fifteen years but I hoped they would be easier to manage. After due exam, I picked the Dorco 6 series. I always got ingrown hairs and worse from the major brand.

Using Bulldog gel, I'm pleased to say I can get three single pass (mostly) shaves with near DFS/DFS+ results. Six blades didn't clog like I anticipated. The fourth day brought a rough shave with the onset of irritation, like the other carts did. That's why I switched to DE in the first place.

I can see this becoming my travel razor after my arm recovers. At $2 per cart for three shaves, it is still too expensive to make me switch for daily use. But I can say it does a good job for me.

The razor head has two lubed strips that seem to work. The six blades are curved to minimize flex. The neat thing about Dorco is the handle fits all their carts, 4, 5, 6 or 7 blade. The handle is metal with a rubber overmold on the underside and hard plastic with checkering for grip on the back. Decently weighted and balanced. This handle pivots but some models pivot and move side to side. There are a few tool marks on the metal parts but for a $2 handle, it's not bad.

Overall, not a bad system.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Thanks for your review. I hope that your arm heals quickly for you so that things can get back to normal.

Top Bottom