What's new

Handmade Chubby

50mm x 50mm Vintage German Catalin dice & 24mm TGN Finest Fan Two band.
only used dremel and tools..

Attachments

• $Untitled-2.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 300
Thanks my friends.
i want to share two more handmade brushes made with vintage German Catalin block.. They are small but lovely handles with TGN 16mm and TGN 20mm Finest Badger.
Regards.

Amazing job.

Did you somehow, turn the handle, to what looks to be perfectly round, on a Dremel ?

I need to know how you did this because I was wanting to make my own handle without having to invest in a lathe.

Thanks George,
im using Sanding drum and sanding bands with dremel and nothing else. Just turning items with my hand and using this tools.. im starting from the corners to work so it turning to cylinder than easy to make it a round.. After its turn to round im using sandpaper only with my hand #400, #800, #1000 ,# 2000 and finally polishing with metylan polish(henckel)..
Best..

Oha, nice handmade brushes. I wish you would use bigger knot for "Chummy"

BTW sorry for butterscotch Beaufort but we are even Steven.(for Rooney with fox hunt mug)

Oha, nice handmade brushes. I wish you would use bigger knot for "Chummy"

BTW sorry for butterscotch Beaufort but we are even Steven.(for Rooney with fox hunt mug)

:wink2:
Still im not sure to restore Rooney pure bristle.. it looks beautiful but very prickly..

Those are amazing for not being turned. you have a real touch with rotory tool. I am about to make some myself on my lathe, where did you get that handle material? PM me so we dont tie up the forum with personal stuff.

New old stock Catalin block is rare and expensive. These days it is used to make jewelery that sells for big bucks. High quality marbled Catalin stock like melyus found is even more rare.

It takes skill and confidence to use a dremel to hand shape an irreplaceable Catalin block. Very nice work.

Melyus, do you know the age of your catalin blocks?

Last edited:
There's only ONE Chubby range!:wink2:

Sure You are Right Gary.. i love my chubby too..

New old stock Catalin block is rare and expensive. These days it is used to make jewelery that sells for big bucks. High quality marbled Catalin stock like melyus found is even more rare.

It takes skill and confidence to use a dremel to hand shape an irreplaceable Catalin block. Very nice work.

Yes hard to find and expensive materials. For example yellow dice was 50mm x 50mm and cost me about 55 usd plus shipping and 24 mm finest fan was 23.95 usd plus shipping. im sure i can buy middle level brush with this price but this is why im here in the forum.. just i want to do my own brush..im not sure to see its color changes white to yellow but my son will see from its pictures.As you know this catalins changing colors in time. when i bought this dice its outside was yellow but inside was white to yellow.(first picture)
if someone knows its time to color change please let me know.. im not experience with chemical reactions...
Regards.

Top Bottom