What's new

The lkon thread

You might consider an adjustable, perhaps a Slim. That would give you plenty of options to figure out where your tastes fit in the spectrum.

Hi all,

I was recently "gifted" a super nice Razor handle from my Kid Brother. It is an IKon Bulldog handle.
I'm looking for suggestions for a NEW Cap & Head/Comb for this handle. I however don't want to spend too much money and therefore looking for a (quality) best "bang for the buck" recommendations. Presently, I attached an older (unknown make) GERMAN (Old Type knockoff) Cap & Head/Comb on this IKon handle and, I think it looks pretty cool ! I have checked on line some German SLANT Cap & Head and truthfully, I kind of would like to go that direction or at least something "different/unique". I looked into some of the very IN-expensive choices (such as) the RazoRock Slant however, I don't want to go with a Chinese Razor (nothing against the Chinese) it's just that I rather (if possible) find a Cap & Head that is made State side or Europe, Canada, etc. I considered the "GAME CHANGER" however, it's just more money than I care to spend (at this time) besides, I'd like something a bit more "aggressive". Thank you for any suggestions/recommendations you may offer.

SixCats!

1573762085784.png

1573762121015.png

SixCats!

Maybe head over to Maggard Razors and pick from one of the many Ikon heads they have. DLC Slant, OSS, Open Comb plus many others.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Hi @ShaverAZ, Ya know, I too think it looks pretty darn good with that German Old Type Head! I need to shave with this combo soon. Uggggh, I've been spending waaaaaaay too much time searching the Net for "Head & Cap" options for this IKon (gifted) new Bulldog handle. The thing is, I really do NOT want to spend a lot of money since I already have so many Razors. Heck, even the "least" expensive Cap & Head options add up once shipping/tax is included and I wonder if I'd receive a Cap & Head that is truly superior to what I already own. I've mostly been checking out SLANT Heads since I already have a ton of OC and CC Razors. I suppose I just have "the Bug" for something "new and unique". I recently purchased a Merkur 37C Slant (my first/one and only Slant) which shaved beautifully. Perhaps I find something here at B&B (BST) page.

SixCats!

Ikon X3 head is a nice slant on sale at yourshaving.com for about $30.00 currently. Shipping is expensive, but if you throwi in some soaps or something else you might need it spreads the cost out.

M

Member 113878

Maggards V3A head is excellent and pretty inexpensive.
Very efficient but still very smooth.

Hi all,

First let me say, I VERY much appreciate all your recommendations/suggestions regarding a NEW Cap & Head for my IKon handle. I am keeping note of all suggestions/recommendations (for a FUTURE date) as I know that I would like to own another SLANT Razor. That being said, after much reflection, I've decided (at least for the time being) to "hold off" on purchasing yet another NEW Razor since I already have such a large collection of Razors. Heck, it was only a week (or two) ago that I purchased a NEW Merkur 37C SLANT and thus far I've only used it one time. Oooh, I did VERY much enjoyed shaving with this NEW Merkur. At any rate, as much as I WANT a NEW Cap & Head for this beautiful (gifted) IKon Bulldog handle, I must (at least try) to get my severe case of RAD/spending under control. No doubt volumes could be written about the Psychology ("whys") of impulse buying and "shinny new things". So, I decided to go with a vintage German made (NOS) "Old Type style" Open Comb Cap & Head that I had found months ago and had stored away. This German made Cap & Head fits the IKon handle beautifully and I think it looks quite good. Of course, I'm hoping this combo will prove to be a good solid shaver! Again, thank you ALL for your most excellent suggestion & recommendation. I truly appreciate your help and please know that the provided information WILL be put to use as a "later"date. Thank you.

1573857991474.png

SixCats!

Last edited:
If it shaves as good as it looks, you're all done. Thats my favorite modern handle, either Ikon or Weber. I even put one on my Gamechanger, I like it much more than the RR handles. I'd say good to go SixCats!

@Uncas, Oooh thank you kind Sir for your thoughts. I too think this combo looks very nice. I do hope it will prove to be a good shaver! I'll keep you all posted!

SixCats!

It will feel much like a conventional CC razor, but you may find that it is a bit more efficient in removing the whiskers. You don't really have to do anything special or different, but do try to find the optimal shaving angle and use fairly quick, short strokes.

Start with a fresh blade that you are familiar with, preferably of medium sharpness. Something like an Astra or Personna. Go from there with blades that are a bit sharper.

You should be happy with the results without having to make a lot of passes. Maybe two passes plus a little cleanup for spots you missed.

Expect great things! I recently thinned my den and the X3 was one of the casualties; however, it always gave a remarkably smooth and efficient shave. It will bite if you don’t respect it, but every good razor does. Great choice and happy shaves :thumbup:

Top Bottom