What's new

handle crack question

Hi everyone,

What does this mean when someone writes this =

10mm Fine, vERY fINE, Hallmark Hairline Crack on Handle

what is a hallmark crack? does it mean it was done on purpose as a date code?

no, just means it has a small size f a hair line crack, the hallmark (A conspicuous feature or characteristic) is just a embellishment to the description. it has nothng to do with razor dating

I think what the seller means by 'hallmark' is that the crack is common to that type of razor.

oh, he didnt mention which razor, i am guessing that whoever wrote hallmark (A conspicuous feature or characteristic) they meant to say the common characteristic cracks that the razors are known to have.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I think what the seller means by 'hallmark' is that the crack is common to that type of razor.

What he said.

hall-mark noun \ˈhȯl-ˌmärk\

1. a : an official mark stamped on gold and silver articles in England to attest their purity
b
: a mark or device placed or stamped on an article of trade to indicate origin, purity, or genuineness

2. a distinguishing characteristic, trait, or feature <the dramatic flourishes which are the hallmark of the trial lawyer &#8212; Marion K. Sanders>

What he said.

hall-mark noun \&#712;ho&#775;l-&#716;märk\

1. a : an official mark stamped on gold and silver articles in England to attest their purity
b
: a mark or device placed or stamped on an article of trade to indicate origin, purity, or genuineness

2. a distinguishing characteristic, trait, or feature <the dramatic flourishes which are the hallmark of the trial lawyer &#8212; Marion K. Sanders>

So the answer is no, the hallmarks are not a dating features of any razor that i know of.

Top Bottom