What's new

Haircut & Shave Co. H&S Copper P076

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
The H&S P076 is a very nice razor. I have the titanium open comb version. It is light, nimble, and has the ideal amount of blade feel for me so I can feel its presence yet have no irritation. It is smooth and gentle on my skin and gives nice aural feedback too. The only thing it is lacking for me is a little more efficiency. I get good, comfortable, close shaves with it but it requires a bit more work than with an efficient razor like my Tradere OC, Blackbird or Timeless Slim.

I hear H&S is about to launch a more efficient razor very soon. I think that might be perfection for me.

Thanks for that. I'm definite looking for "a little more efficiency."

10-1-21.Blackbird.Tibam.NY.Custom.Stand.640.JPG

Custom titanium Tibam New York handle.

Shorter length & neck designed to fit the Blackbird.​
Blackbird.OpenComb.Brass.Baseplate.Ti.NY.10-14-21.JPG

Saved me money. I have a Blackbird in both SB and OC and a Slim SB. For a long time I wasn't a Blackbird fan. Eventually my skills with it improved. Plus I determined that what I didn't like was the handle. I was able to fix that.

The stock handle is beautiful, but it's a little bit too skinny in my opinion.

Thank you for linking my previous comment to your post. After being out-of-sorts with my health for several months, I've started getting back into the pleasant routine of using my more efficient modern razors the past month or two. I've been going thru my razors recently, using each for about 2 weeks exclusively to see what I think of each. I've used the Timeless Ti .95 SB, WR1 .74 SB, & the WR2 1.35 SB, to date. I am moving over to my H&S P076 this weekend to evaluate. I can't comment on which I prefer yet because I haven't given the H&S its fair evaluation. I'll know in a couple of weeks where the H&S P076 fits in compared to my other razors. As of this writing, here are my rankings:

Timeless Ti .95 SB: #1 Smoothness; #3 Efficiency
WR2 1.35 SB: #2 Smoothness; #1 Efficiency
WR1 .74 SB: #3 Smoothness; #2 Efficiency

I have quite a bit I can comment on in terms of how each razor feels & performs, but I'll save that for another post.

The only one of those three I have is the 1.35. It's new to me, but I like its smoothness and efficiency.

I have the Timeless Ti 95 OC which is also smooth. I think not as smooth as the 1.35 or my 1.15 and not as efficient as either of them, but I've not used the 95 in a few months and might be remembering it incorrectly.

Both the Timeless 95 OC and the Timeless Slim SB are very good razors. I tried the Slim OC, too, and liked it, but I prefer the Slim in its SB configuration.

Interesting how different razors follow the YMMV rule.

I look forward to more information as you continue this review of your more efficient modern razors. It's very good that you're feeling well enough to pursue this project.

Wow, I would agree on all accounts, I would rate my Timeless Ti .95 Oc,
Wr2 1.25/1.45 and Wr1 .80 Dc, H&S p076 17-4

Efficiency: Wr2, .95 Oc=Wr1, p076
Smoothness : .95 Oc, Wr2, p076, Wr1

Thats just my opinion, but I overlooked the .95 Ti Oc Timeless at first and I overlooked it and I had to rebuy it recently. Its that good to my face, I’m surprised that it outperformed the p076. That’s my 2 cents, hopefully this is useful to some.

This isn't relevant at all, but I think the Timeless 95 OC is a beautiful razor.

Many of my favorite posts are ones which compare razors with one another.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Wow, I would agree on all accounts, I would rate my Timeless Ti .95 Oc,
Wr2 1.25/1.45 and Wr1 .80 Dc, H&S p076 17-4

Efficiency: Wr2, .95 Oc=Wr1, p076
Smoothness : .95 Oc, Wr2, p076, Wr1

Thats just my opinion, but I overlooked the .95 Ti Oc Timeless at first and I overlooked it and I had to rebuy it recently. Its that good to my face, I’m surprised that it outperformed the p076. That’s my 2 cents, hopefully this is useful to some.

Thank you for your feedback. I've not tried the Timeless Ti .95 OC. I'm usually an SB user & find OC to be less enjoyable. I may have to try the .95 in OC, however. I honestly had not thought of trying the OC to increase the efficiency (even though that seems obvious now that I've said it!). I imagine the OC doesn't diminish the smoothness much, compared to the SB version. Thank you!
Thanks for that. I'm definite looking for "a little more efficiency."

View attachment 1351310
Custom titanium Tibam New York handle.

Shorter length & neck designed to fit the Blackbird.​
View attachment 1351311

Saved me money. I have a Blackbird in both SB and OC and a Slim SB. For a long time I wasn't a Blackbird fan. Eventually my skills with it improved. Plus I determined that what I didn't like was the handle. I was able to fix that.

The stock handle is beautiful, but it's a little bit too skinny in my opinion.

The only one of those three I have is the 1.35. It's new to me, but I like its smoothness and efficiency.

I have the Timeless Ti 95 OC which is also smooth. I think not as smooth as the 1.35 or my 1.15 and not as efficient as either of them, but I've not used the 95 in a few months and might be remembering it incorrectly.

Both the Timeless 95 OC and the Timeless Slim SB are very good razors. I tried the Slim OC, too, and liked it, but I prefer the Slim in its SB configuration.

Interesting how different razors follow the YMMV rule.

I look forward to more information as you continue this review of your more efficient modern razors. It's very good that you're feeling well enough to pursue this project.

This isn't relevant at all, but I think the Timeless 95 OC is a beautiful razor.

Many of my favorite posts are ones which compare razors with one another.

Happy shaves,

Jim
I change handles generally from the stock handle. I prefer lighter handles in the 80mm length (the exception being my 90mm TiBam Ti) & a diameter of 11 - 12mm. With my Timeless & both Wolfman razors, I use different handles rather than their original handles. I'm using the H&S furnished handle with my 17-4 P076 for the first few shaves then I'll start switching handles until I find the right match. Getting the right handle improves my shaves tremendously & is worth experimenting with until I've found it.

And I agree with you, I also enjoy reading razor comparisons. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Happy shaves, gentlemen!

Hello, I've noticed that you are quite fond of the H&S 076. Could you compare it with other well-known razors such as BBTi or Wolfman in terms of blade feel and efficiency?

Thank you for your feedback. I've not tried the Timeless Ti .95 OC. I'm usually an SB user & find OC to be less enjoyable. I may have to try the .95 in OC, however. I honestly had not thought of trying the OC to increase the efficiency (even though that seems obvious now that I've said it!). I imagine the OC doesn't diminish the smoothness much, compared to the SB version. Thank you!

I change handles generally from the stock handle. I prefer lighter handles in the 80mm length (the exception being my 90mm TiBam Ti) & a diameter of 11 - 12mm. With my Timeless & both Wolfman razors, I use different handles rather than their original handles. I'm using the H&S furnished handle with my 17-4 P076 for the first few shaves then I'll start switching handles until I find the right match. Getting the right handle improves my shaves tremendously & is worth experimenting with until I've found it.

And I agree with you, I also enjoy reading razor comparisons. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Happy shaves, gentlemen!
Hello, I've noticed that you are quite fond of the H&S 076. Could you compare it with other well-known razors such as BBTi or Wolfman in terms of blade feel and efficiency?

Excellent question. I'll be happy to talk about my own experiences.

I've had several Wolfman razors, one WR1 & 2 WR2's. I sold the WR1 & still have both of my WR2's (WR2 1.25 & 1.35m both SS & are SB). I also have a Timeless Ti .95 SB, & Blackland Blackbird Ti SB, as well as the H&S P076 in 17-4 SS. All are safety bar.

I've been able to use all of the H&S razors. I've tried the neutral blade exposure N075, which is a wonderfully smooth mild razor with hardly any blade feel. In the P076 razors, I've used the copper, titanium, & 17-4 stainless steel. 17-4 stainless steel is supposedly harder stainless steel & more difficult to work with compared to other stainless steel grades used by many razor manufacturers. All of the P076 razors have incredible smoothness & high efficiency to them. I found the titanium a bit too light for my liking, even though I love my Timeless in titanium. The copper is beautiful & buttery smooth, but I don't care for the patina it develops rather quickly. And I'm not wanting a razor I have to polish every week. The 17-4 stainless steel version is what I purchased. It has the weight I desire & the buttery smooth shave that the copper version has.

For smoothness I prefer my Timeless Ti .95. For smoothness & efficiency, I prefer my Blackbird Ti SB. I rank my Wolfman's behind both the Timeless & Blackbird. The H&S P076 is #3 in smoothness & possibly #1 in efficiency, it's a marvelous razor. If I had to give overall rankings to my razors:
1) Blackland Blackbird Ti SB
2) Timeless Ti .95 SB
3) H & S 17-4 P076

Depending on the day & my mood, my WR2 1.35 may move ahead of the H & S into the #3 spot.

Also, the P076 requires the most technical proficiency to get the superb shave it's capable of delivering. There seems to be a narrower angle for hitting the sweet spot, so to speak.

Great question, hope this helps. Feel free to continue the conversation.

Thank you for your reply, it's very helpful. I would like to know if the 076 has a distinct blade feel? I like a pronounced blade feel, like the Blackbird. Also, another question: does the h&s 076 use a standard M5-0.8 handle? The handle options on the official website are too limited now.
Excellent question. I'll be happy to talk about my own experiences.

I've had several Wolfman razors, one WR1 & 2 WR2's. I sold the WR1 & still have both of my WR2's (WR2 1.25 & 1.35m both SS & are SB). I also have a Timeless Ti .95 SB, & Blackland Blackbird Ti SB, as well as the H&S P076 in 17-4 SS. All are safety bar.

I've been able to use all of the H&S razors. I've tried the neutral blade exposure N075, which is a wonderfully smooth mild razor with hardly any blade feel. In the P076 razors, I've used the copper, titanium, & 17-4 stainless steel. 17-4 stainless steel is supposedly harder stainless steel & more difficult to work with compared to other stainless steel grades used by many razor manufacturers. All of the P076 razors have incredible smoothness & high efficiency to them. I found the titanium a bit too light for my liking, even though I love my Timeless in titanium. The copper is beautiful & buttery smooth, but I don't care for the patina it develops rather quickly. And I'm not wanting a razor I have to polish every week. The 17-4 stainless steel version is what I purchased. It has the weight I desire & the buttery smooth shave that the copper version has.

For smoothness I prefer my Timeless Ti .95. For smoothness & efficiency, I prefer my Blackbird Ti SB. I rank my Wolfman's behind both the Timeless & Blackbird. The H&S P076 is #3 in smoothness & possibly #1 in efficiency, it's a marvelous razor. If I had to give overall rankings to my razors:
1) Blackland Blackbird Ti SB
2) Timeless Ti .95 SB
3) H & S 17-4 P076

Depending on the day & my mood, my WR2 1.35 may move ahead of the H & S into the #3 spot.

Also, the P076 requires the most technical proficiency to get the superb shave it's capable of delivering. There seems to be a narrower angle for hitting the sweet spot, so to speak.

Great question, hope this helps. Feel free to continue the conversation.

Thank you for your reply, it's very helpful. I would like to know if the 076 has a distinct blade feel? I like a pronounced blade feel, like the Blackbird. Also, another question: does the h&s 076 use a standard M5-0.8 handle? The handle options on the official website are too limited now.
Yes, there is a distinct blade feel. I prefer less blade feel which is why I have the H&S at #3 on my list compared to the virtually nonexistent blade feel of the Timeless. If I liked blade feel, the H&S could rise to #1, or at least #2 past the Timeless. The threading is standard & will fit standard modern handles. I have used a variety of handles on the H & S & they thread perfectly onto the razor.

Yes, there is a distinct blade feel. I prefer less blade feel which is why I have the H&S at #3 on my list compared to the virtually nonexistent blade feel of the Timeless. If I liked blade feel, the H&S could rise to #1, or at least #2 past the Timeless. The threading is standard & will fit standard modern handles. I have used a variety of handles on the H & S & they thread perfectly onto the razor.
Thanks ,important advice

Top Bottom