What's new

Hair pomade that smells great?

My barber cut my hair today. Great old school place. He passes something in my hair each time. Smells great and lingers. The only pomade or wax I have used smell like nothing or like shoe polish.

I didnt want to hijack the other thread asking for recomendations and steer it toward smell over performance.

This is stuff I would damn near put on my face after a shave as it smells better than most after shaves I've found.

Thanks in advance.

If you're just looking for pomades that smell good rumble 59 and king brown both smell awesome. King brown is a strong vanilla with a hint of tobacco. The particular rumble 59 I have smells like cherries. Depends on your personal taste.

Railcar Fine Goods(at least the original) is a superb mild floral scent. And King Brown is one the single finest smelling male grooming products ever. And yeah, I just said that.

I have been using High Life Heavy pomade — which is now owned by DAX — for about six months now. It's waxy and very strong, with a hold that is seemingly bulletproof. It smells very strongly of coconut

$HL-HEAVY-2.jpg

When it comes to hair products, I can't recommend coconut oil enough. Using a small amount, rub between your hands until it melts and then work it through your hair and style. As the coconut oil sets in the air, it provides good hold (I've got frizzy and otherwise untameable curly hair) and has a pleasant coconut smell as you'd expect.
If you then want to jazz up the scent a bit, you can add essential oil to the mix. If you fancy a different scent each day, just change the oil. I've heard tales of people adding cologne but have never tried this myself as I'd be concerned about the alcohol content drying my hair and scalp, although a drop or two probably wouldn't hurt.
Coconut and essential oils are also very good for you, providing relief against dandruff, strengthening your hair and supposedly promoting hair growth.

I get coconut oil in large tubs from an Asian supermarket for very little money and it lasts me a very long time.

TPL

I agree: suavacito, I got a complement today on how great it smells and she wants to buy for her husband and son.

If you're just looking for pomades that smell good rumble 59 and king brown both smell awesome. King brown is a strong vanilla with a hint of tobacco. The particular rumble 59 I have smells like cherries. Depends on your personal taste.
Yup! The Schmiere Hart smells like orange dreamcicle. I also like Ruezel, which smells like apple.

Top Bottom