What's new

Haberdashery Acquisitions

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Haha, nah. I work for a municipality operating the waste water plant. Those boots won't look so nice for very long.
Well! My brother is retired from the county and was with waste water. And he's married to a former investment banker! Traveling the world. I tell him that he fell into you know what and came out smelling like a rose.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Well! My brother is retired from the county and was with waste water. And he's married to a former investment banker! Traveling the world. I tell him that he fell into you know what and came out smelling like a rose.
That's funny. I almost said I was an investment banker. "waste water" does sound terrible. But the reality is the process is only nasty at 2 steps, out of 7. And even then you're not walking around in it. The city actually just changed the name of the department to get away from the negative image. "Water Resource Recovery Facility".

These boots have been worn for 4 months and still look new. I put a coat of Obenauf's on them yesterday. The new ones I just got (above) won't even be worn at the plant until these wear out. Which may be years. Until then they will be kept in the box, or just worn as casual boots. I'll probably have another new pair by then. We get new boots every year.

IMG_4898.JPG

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Ha! I got some really nice leather work gloves from my brother one year at Christmas..... I wonder....lol!

Duck season is coming, so I took a trip into Bass Pro Shops over my vacation. I have also been on the lookout for a quality shirt for outdoor Fall wear. While browsing, I spotted this Bob Timberlake cotton twill shirt. I expect this will last me a very long while.
proxy.php

allenedmonds_shoes_first-avenue_1194_walnut.jpg
Just ordered these First Avenue Boots from shoebank. They are running 20% off closeouts, these came in at $151.00

Last edited:
I had bought two suits from Saks Off Fifth. Both were Saks brand with Ermenegildo Zegna fabric. They have been sitting in my closet unaltered because I'm trying to lose some weight and out of work. After losing about 12 pounds I decided to finally just bite the bullet and get them tailored today. Charcoal gray solid and navy fine pinstripe. Perfect for my 30+ year career working for banks. Now to find that next, and hopefully last, job.

Top Bottom