What's new

Guess that movie

So, what happens now?
Perhaps a few more clues for those who are still trying to guess without looking it up? You could post another photo from the same movie (I have a feeling showing the main character would be a dead giveaway). Or you could simply post the answer and give us a different movie to guess.

I thought the photo I posted would be enough, 'cos he is, by now, probably the most famous among the cast I would think.
Oh, well.
This is the main character, and who inspired her.
If no one gets it by sun down (let's say 24 hours) then it's your turn.
jb n ff.png

I must confess I'd forgotten all about this. Oh, dear.
Right, I'll start us off with an easy one, but still with a connection to the previous. Hope that is ok. (btw, the movie was "Strangers with Candy". I had not thought it was that obscure, and apologise for the derailment and delay).
gm.jpg

Isn't that The Madness of King George III? (Or The Madness of King George here in the States. They dropped the III here because they thought everyone would think it was a sequel.)

Yep. You're looking at the Thief and his Wife (who's the connection) in this picture along with a young Tim Roth.
I remember seeing that in the theater and thinking myself very sophisticated for going to see it.
This is connected to The Cook...and it's also one of my very favorite movies of all time
MV5BNmYyYTE0MTktN2U3ZC00OGJlLWFmYTYtNDM0MDhkNWRlOWMzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

I've a feeling I'm quite wrong, because I dont remember this scene at all, and those two hardly resemble any Droogies I can recollect, but based on the "favorite movies" hint, I'll guess A Clockwork Orange.

Is it from O Lucky Man! with Malcolm McDowell? Great movie, along with If...

(Not sure what the connection is for now, other than British cinema. Edit: Further research, if that is allowed, has revealed Helen Mirren as a possible link.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom