What's new

Guess that movie

Is it from O Lucky Man! with Malcolm McDowell? Great movie, along with If...

(Not sure what the connection is for now, other than British cinema. Edit: Further research, if that is allowed, has revealed Helen Mirren as a possible link.)
O Lucky Man is correct. In fact, I liked it better than If..., partly because of the great music

Alright, here you go. And there is a connection. What is it?

Guess that Movie.jpg

I've already had a chance today, so I'll hold off for now and will try to think about possible connections. I've not seen the last movie so it's all theoretical to me.

well, I'm pretty sure I know the movie, and possibly the connection....but I'm going to hold off for some others to chime in.

Is it from O Lucky Man! with Malcolm McDowell? Great movie, along with If...

(Not sure what the connection is for now, other than British cinema. Edit: Further research, if that is allowed, has revealed Helen Mirren as a possible link.)
Is it worth seeing now?
Looks like it has some common threads with "The Magic Christian", "The Ruling Class", "The Rise and Rise of Michael Rimmer", and I liked "If", but when I looked at the run time for "OLM" it is nearly 3 hours, which made me think twice.

Is it worth seeing now?
Looks like it has some common threads with "The Magic Christian", "The Ruling Class", "The Rise and Rise of Michael Rimmer", and I liked "If", but when I looked at the run time for "OLM" it is nearly 3 hours, which made me think twice.
O Lucky Man is a sequel of sorts to If...It is an epic yet artifical story, much more serious than say Magic Christian, but breaks tradition with movies along the lines of Contempt or Holy Mountain. The music is superb and also integrated in an unusual way. Several actors play more than one character. The humor is not nearly as dark as Ruling Class.

Can't add much to what emwolf said, other than that I really enjoyed it and found it quite amusing. We check out films on DVD from the local public library lending network, one film sort of leading to another, and project them on a screen with a projector with the lights dimmed. If the film runs to 2-1/2- 3 hours, we'll watch the first half one night and the last half a subsequent night.

Anyway, back to the film still above. Since no one has identified it or the connection, let's just say that the connection is related to the "great music" as mentioned.

People have had time to answer, I believe the movie is "Don't Look Back," and the connection is Alan Price plays Alan Price in both movies.

People have had time to answer, I believe the movie is "Don't Look Back," and the connection is Alan Price plays Alan Price in both movies.

Exactly! It's all there on the newspaper that Zimmy is holding up, "Animals Make Surprise Move." Thanks for letting others have a chance, but to the victor go the spoils... You're up, emwolf.

Last edited:
I've been holding off on this, but my guess is that it is from Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid, with Bob Dylan being the connection as Alias and for having written the music to the film.

Last edited:
Top Bottom