What's new

Great Covers

This day or so in history, 50 years ago... and great cover of the song. CSNY, Woodstock

...............dave

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Don't Let Me Down (Animals)

I could probably list Petty videos all night because he did a lot of great covers.

Band of Joy, Ramble On

.....................dave

This makes me sad. Not because it is a bad take . . . it isn't. But it just points out how time remains undefeated. I miss Roberts soaring notes and, while he has adapted quite nicely over the years, it still saddens me how that aspect of his voice is gone.

This makes me sad. Not because it is a bad take . . . it isn't. But it just points out how time remains undefeated. I miss Roberts soaring notes and, while he has adapted quite nicely over the years, it still saddens me how that aspect of his voice is gone.
I read an interview with Roger Daltrey, another whose soaring voice is a bit hampered by age. He said he has perfect pitch and he can hear the note that he's trying to hit, but he can't always hit it anymore. Saw Plant warm up for Daltrey and Townshend on their first tour post Entwistle back in '02, still one of the best nights of rock I've ever heard.

Top Bottom