What's new

Great Covers

I’m going to suggest that everyone drop whatever you’re doing and listen to Tedeschi Trucks Band with Trey Anastasio covering Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs live in its entirety. It is an unbelievable performance and takes Clapton and Duane Allman’s seminal work to an altogether higher plane of existence.

So I just learned about Gaslight Anthem fairly recently and I thought some of their songs reminded me of Dropkick Murphys. I was searching to see if anyone else had a similar opinion and I found they both covered Baba O'Riley, one of my favorite songs. Well I like both of these covers but I think The Gaslight Anthem really did this cover the best. There's a Pearl Jam cover too that's not too shabby.

I’m going to suggest that everyone drop whatever you’re doing and listen to Tedeschi Trucks Band with Trey Anastasio covering Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs live in its entirety. It is an unbelievable performance and takes Clapton and Duane Allman’s seminal work to an altogether higher plane of existence.
Allow me...

Derek does an amazing job with it. And this is someone who saw Slowhand do it in '79.

Don't know if anyone has posted about these guys yet, but I thought I'd put in a plug for The Analogues, a Dutch tribute band to The Beatles---but just a bit different as they insist on recreating the sound live. Lots of great videos on the 'Tube of them doing the later, more produced stuff.

They covered In Memory of Elizabeth Reed when we saw TT, it was jaw dropping - precisely spot on.

Saw The Allman Brothers in the late '70's and the TT rendition was indistinguishable from the real deal. During that AB concert there was a huge clock on the far side of the auditorium. As they began their hit Midnight Rider, and as he sat at the keyboards, Gregg pointed at the clock across the auditorium - it was precisely midnight...

Side note some may not be aware. The AB had two drummers, one was Butch Trucks. His nephew is Derek Trucks of Tedeschi Trucks Band. He also became a member of the AB in 1999 so it is cool how the heritage is kept alive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom