What's new

Graham Field month

This is the edge of a fresh blade! :tongue_sm

$knife edge2.jpg

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Toby ruined the Graham Field blade.

But some members here will be suckers and say 'yes'.

I didn't ruin them, for some reason they made them that way. View attachment 654873

But I have no doubt someone will put themselves through holy heck just so they can say they did.

I, however, gave TBFH two chances in two razors and I'm done. I will not be participating, but I will look on with amusement at what you crazy folks do with these things. I will keep mine for their collector value! View attachment 654874

Sounds so tempting but I think I'll sit this one out! I survived once, no need to push my luck any further.

[MENTION=93996]DCRIII[/MENTION] what has this turned into? :w00t:

That's one ugly edge!
I'm definitely going to sit this one out. I'd rather skip shaving all month that suffer through one more shave with those blades!

It was a joke, that's not TBFH, I wish someone would take a close look at one and post it though.

I've had my fill as well!

If anybody wants to participate in this, but doesn't have any Graham Field blades...
any one of these will give the same shave as the Graham Fields. Just for reference, a Graham Field is pictured in the center.
$image.jpg

Sounds so tempting but I think I'll sit this one out! I survived once, no need to push my luck any further.

[MENTION=93996]DCRIII[/MENTION] what has this turned into? :w00t:

We should have left well enough alone, but didn't. We had to try every blade known and unknown to man. We're now responsible for opening Pandoras Box! Now all shall suffer painful dull tugging shaves from which no amount of witch hazel, lotion, aftershave, or alum will prevent or soothe the the onslaught of irritation certain to befall the victims of these horrible pieces of metal pretending to be razor blades.
With that said, good luck to all!

Last edited:
Okay so there are two of us in, cmon guys, you know you want to put your skills to the test, hey feel free to strop and flip the blade all month 😉

Okay so there are two of us in, cmon guys, you know you want to put your skills to the test, hey feel free to strop and flip the blade all month 
No amount of "skill" will make these blades magically turn into good blades. At best, they will be slightly tolerable.
I may not have the prettiest face, but I don't want to subject it to this kind of abuse either... :lol:

No amount of "skill" will make these blades magically turn into good blades. At best, they will be slightly tolerable.
I may not have the prettiest face, but I don't want to subject it to this kind of abuse either... :lol:

:lol:

I am definitely watching this thread, but there is no way I'm living through that for a month... I happy to donate my remaining (9 I think) to whomever wants! That's 9 Free DE blades, that's like 1.44 free cutting edges! (9 blades x 2 edges each x about 7% efficiency)

Pick your shave soap, and mix it half~n~half with Nair, and wait a few minutes, and you might be OK.

If that doesn't work, put lots of petroleum jelly on your face the night before.

And, I think the two short edges of the blade are the sharp ones. :001_rolle

Pick your shave soap, and mix it half~n~half with Nair, and wait a few minutes, and you might be OK.

If that doesn't work, put lots of petroleum jelly on your face the night before.

And, I think the two short edges of the blade are the sharp ones. :001_rolle
If given the choice between the Graham-Field blades and anything with Nair in it, I'd choose the blades! A day and half of irritation verses up to 2 weeks suffering chemical burns, irritation it is.
Please don't ask how I know about the chemical burns, I still have nightmares about it!:w00t::scared:

Top Bottom