What's new

Gooffellas smile shave soap - any experience?

So, I was looking at these soaps, more like croaps. Most of them are vegetal based, but they have some tallow based.
Do you have any experience with these? Mainly with Amber Fougere, or Abysso, but really any experience are welcome.

Looking for some nice citrusy scented one.

I have the Goodfellas Smile Italian orange...it was a blind buy because of a sale. To my surprised...it was great!! Nice citrusy scent (orangy), easy to lather with good performance. Really slick soap. I love it and wanted to buy more, especially after reading about @JCarr use of other scents with the same maker.
You won't regret...go for it!

@JCarr may want to add his feedback....

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Just seeing this now. I have the following Goodfellas'Smile soaps:

Abysso
Sea Citrus
Amber Fougere
Stardust
Inferno
Chronos
Tallow No.1

I just ordered Savage. And plan on getting Re Nero. All of the GS soaps I have perform well. They lather quickly and abundantly and provide plenty of residual slickness. For scent reasons, my favorites are Abysso, Inferno and Chronos.

Abysso is an aquatic with a mysterious background scent...hard to describe, but it's my favorite aquatic scent. My wife says...I would never get bored of this scent. I want to aquire the aftershave for this, but it's currently unavailable in the States.

I would describe Amber Fougere as an amber spicy scent with a very mild hint of gingerbread in the background. Again, performance is excellent.
If you haven't guessed by my list, they're my favorite producer. I have many excellent, first class soaps, Barrister and Mann, Zingari Man, TOBS...but Goodfellas' Smile are my favorite soaps. I even like the black hockey puck-sized containers they come in.

And to avoid any shortcomings you might find with GS...YMMV.

Best of luck with GS shaving products. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Happy shaves!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
So, I was looking at these soaps, more like croaps. Most of them are vegetal based, but they have some tallow based.
Do you have any experience with these? Mainly with Amber Fougere, or Abysso, but really any experience are welcome.

Apologies, just noticed your desire for a citrus scent. Of all the GS soaps I have...the ones that could be considered 'citrus' would be Sea Citrus...an aquatic with an unmistakeable citrus backdrop and also...Chronos has some fruit/citrus going on it.

The one @Chard52142 posted sounds like a really good bet for citrus though.

Just seeing this now. I have the following Goodfellas'Smile soaps:
Abysso
Chronos

For scent reasons, my favorites are Abysso, Inferno and Chronos.
Happy shaves!
Those 2 are in my target because of you my enabling fellow member...@JCarr hahaha😆
Right now...the UK vendor has international shipping for only £2.99 but only for min orders worth £40...😕
The price per soap is really good at only £8.17 (US$10.50).
As per what @JCarr mentioned about the quality....truly worth it for the performances.

Hmmmm....need to share with someone so can make it to £40...hahahaha

Abysso smells identical to saponificio varesino Dolomiti.

That's good to know as I want to try this two soaps and enjoyed the Dolomiti AS sample.

I suspect tgs soaps are made by tfs. Lots of similarities with Razorock.

The current formulation (AJ-1) is diffent.
INCI for Abysso:
Aqua (Water), Stearic Acid, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Prunus Amydgalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Parfum (Fragrance), Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis ,(Jojoba) Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Linalool.

That's good to know as I want to try this two soaps and enjoyed the Dolomiti AS sample.

The current formulation (AJ-1) is diffent.
INCI for Abysso:
Aqua (Water), Stearic Acid, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Prunus Amydgalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Parfum (Fragrance), Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis ,(Jojoba) Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Linalool.

The ingredients aren’t that far off from rr super formula, plus they are using the exact same container. I could be wrong. I just have a hunch.

Plus, they are both sourcing their hard soaps from mastro miche and using identical formulas.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20200724_111412~2.jpg

Sea Citrus is wonderful soap. :)

I have Inferno and Abysso in the old formula, and Chronos in the AJ-1 formula. Abysso is the superior scent (in fact this is one of my two favorite scents among all soaps), but AJ-1 works better on my face in terms of both shave performance and post-shave feel.

GS is good stuff.

Abysso is a great scent, Aquatic, fresh, citrus etc. Reminds me a bit of Davidoff Cool Water! Lathers really well too!

I have Orange Empire, Savage and Heliotropium, and their matching after shave's.

They are extremely good soaps, with Heliotropium just a tiny bit better than the other two considering slickness and post shave.

Both Orange Empire and Savage smell wonderful (both soaps and after shave's), Heliotropium is OK but it is a bit heavy.

Unfortunately, Heliotropium after shave does not smell so good.
Some pungent smell of half rotten plants in a wet rubber boot...
IMG_20210726_125356.jpg

Not only that, but some TFS soaps use the same container as the Goodfellas soaps. Coincidence? I think not!
Fun fact - Goodfella's Smile is in the process of replacing all their containers with bio plastic (derived from sugar cane), by the end of 2021. That will, according to themselves, eliminate 1,25 tons of plastic yearly from their production. "Solo, The Moon Story" is their first soap with the new container.

Top Bottom