What's new

Goodbye Trumpers

I must say after trying a plethora of creams, having started with trumpers as one of the first "high end" creams, I revisited the cream today and was not as impressed with the shave this morning.

anyone else feel the same regarding the trumper line? I find it fairly mid range now, performance wise

My experience is the exact opposite. I have several Trumpers creams and find them all to be outstanding performers. I think that their range of scents is very good and I am looking forward to trying the new Eucris and perhaps the Spanish Leather. I have quite a few TOBS creams and a few T&H creams that I like as well. My shave with GFT Violet yesterday was very enjoyable and smooth. I think that this is another example of YMMV.

Regards,

Doug

i wasn't impressed much with my trumpers samples... i don't know if that's a fair trial, but it wasn't bad, but nothing i rushed out to grab.

It's my opinion that samples don't really reflect the true performance. I had CF Lime as a sample sent to me along with another product. Now, I have the full tub of CF lime and it's a winner for me. Waste not, want not, I used the sample. What a flop. Absolutely no comparison to the full tub.

I mean i agree Trumpers isnt "bad" per say. its just totally not on par with my now "regular" cream lineup, which i find perform on another level. I suppose this is totally opinion though, although shared by some i see

-Talal

Been using Truefitt & Hill for a couple of years now and haven't seen reason to change. There are probably better ones, but T&H has been doing it for me without fail.

I thought the shave was fine. It didn't blow me away and make me want to order on the spot, but I enjoyed it. One thing about the samplers is that it's hard to get a good whiff of the scent from those tiny containers. It's much easier when you have a full tub.

It's my opinion that samples don't really reflect the true performance. I had CF Lime as a sample sent to me along with another product. Now, I have the full tub of CF lime and it's a winner for me. Waste not, want not, I used the sample. What a flop. Absolutely no comparison to the full tub.

I very much agree with you David, often samples do not represent the true, fresh performance of a given product. I have had this experience on several occasions. I have found this to be especially true of shaving cream samples. If I had made my decision based on the samples, I would not have some of my favorite creams in my rotation. It has been my experience that they are a bit dryer and the scents are often a bit off. My GFT Violet is a good example. The sample was not good but I purchased it anyway because of my experience with other GFT creams and my fondness for the GFT violet soap. I had the same experience with a CF Cedar/Sandalwood sample. It was not what I expected based on my experience with other CF creams. I purchased it and found that my hunch was right, it is a great performer with a wonderfully masculine scent.

Regards,

Doug

Goodbye Trumpers
It's been nice
Hope you find your paradise
Tried to see your point of view
Hope your dreams will all come true

I think that the Trumpers samples are often quite dry. If you find them hard and soaplike, put a drop or two of water on it, reseal the lid and try again tomorrow. You will probably find that they are much better then. Personally, I think that Coconut Oil is an excellent cream.

I've had the same problems with other soaps and creams. Used it because it's all I had for a few days / weeks, try something else that's awesome, go back to the first one and *bang* it sucks. I think the problem is two-fold: 1. we get into a routine in how much water we use with each brush, and different soaps and creams require different amounts of water. Try to use the same well-shaken silvertip brush on MWF that you normally use on AoS, and you'll be in for a shock. 2. Sometimes, the results are the opposite in that when our shaves get bad, sometimes we'll switch gear and inadvertently go "back to basics" and fix our shaves, thinking it's the new gear. Use Trumpers for a week and see if you are actually just falling into category 1.

I always thought the TOBS scents smelled pretty cheap. I got a Trumper sampler and it didn't really drive it home for me either. I have been exclusively a soap guy for the past year.

I recently have come back to creams all due to an Art of Shaving sample. That seems to be the best, easily available cream out there. The scents dont smell synthetic or cologne like.

yea ive had both samples and full tubes. I find coconut to be the best performing as one poster mentioned.

I must say after trying a plethora of creams, having started with trumpers as one of the first "high end" creams, I revisited the cream today and was not as impressed with the shave this morning.

anyone else feel the same regarding the trumper line? I find it fairly mid range now, performance wise

Unfortunately I have to agree. Its a shame because I think the violet scent is one of the best out there. But I don't think it cushions as well as others.

I thought the shave was fine. It didn't blow me away and make me want to order on the spot, but I enjoyed it. One thing about the samplers is that it's hard to get a good whiff of the scent from those tiny containers. It's much easier when you have a full tub.

Except what it smells like in the container is not what it smells like when you lather it and that's what counts, not tub smell.

Top Bottom