What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Gold Plated Shavex

The very nice 1930's Shavex DE has been discussed before here:
Bagged a 3 piece Shavex razor

Now I'm very fortunate to have acquired a gold plated set with a heavy handle very similar to the 1930's ER 1912 handles.
I wonder if there was any connection between Shavex and ASR who made the Ever Readys?
In any case this is a very beautiful set and I'm excited to shave with it this evening. IMG_8584.JPG IMG_8586.JPG IMG_8585.JPG IMG_8587.JPG IMG_8588.JPG
IMG_8589.JPG
I've been away from DE shaving for a while so this is a good way to return.
The British inter-war DEs tend to be very stylish and often very aggressive so are among the best ever made IMHO :)

Bondage007

Contributor
Beautiful razor. Congratulations on the find. The detail is stunning.

Looks on the aggressive side. If you have a moment could you post a picture with a blade installed to show exposure?

Cheers
John

Here the Shavex is with a Gillette Spoiler (!) installed:
IMG_8594.JPG
IMG_8595.JPG
You can see the blade stops for the old style round ended three hole blades.
I guess the modern blades will be pretty awesome too eh?

Last edited:

KeenDogg

Social Media Guru
Contributor
The handle does look like the same chain link pattern. Very nice score. Those are the kind I dream about finding. Something very interesting with this one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

So first shave tonight!
There's a lot of blade feel and the modern thinner blade made this really quite an aggressive experience.
Smooth though and weighty with a superb grip - very very nice indeed!
IMG_8592.JPG

ackvil

Moderator Emeritus
Contributor
Beautiful razor - but sure looks aggressive with the amount of blade exposed.

Top Bottom