What's new

Gold Dollar straight razor was delivered.

You never look into the mouth of a gift horse is how old men in my part of the woods use to say it.

:D

This is a phrase popular in the Balkan. The original version I know is : you don't look at the teeth of the horse which was given as a gift to you.

@Twelvefret Although I was unwittingly a bit critical and was not appreciative enough, you seem to be becoming more critical.

I have been a bit of a perfectionist who criticizes often. I am trying to stop criticizing things and people.

Although I was a bit critical, I'm actually happy with gold dollar razor. There is nothing inherently bad about receiving an imperfect used item from someone. I appreciate the love and the effort gone into maintaining and honing this razor.

Last edited:
Steve is the man for sure!

OP should be careful though, the method edge our generous Mr. Clark puts on a razor is likely to spoil you, and ruin you for other edges. Once you get accustomed to shaving with it, the edges of other razors might seem a little... inadequate ;>}

@Twelvefret Although I was unwittingly a bit critical and was not appreciative enough, you seem to be becoming more critical.

I have been a bit of a perfectionist who criticizes often. I am trying to stop criticizing things and people.

Although I was a bit critical, I'm actually happy with gold dollar razor. There is nothing inherently bad about receiving an imperfect used item from someone. I appreciate the love and the effort gone into maintaining and honing this razor.

The ability of the razor to shave is all that is important. A razor is a tool, just like a screwdriver or pliers. The appearance is the most unimportant factor. If it shaves good it is good.

Take some of that overspent critical nature and apply it to learning to use a SR properly. :a4:

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
So, the one you sent me is a new razor? It seems some new gold dollar razors can look used.
I polished the blade a bit to get that ugly logo off the blade. The logos are just printed on rather than etched and look cheap so I always took them off.

Top Bottom