What's new

Going through a 'Synthetics Phase'

My synthetics “phase” has lasted over 5 years now...don’t see it going away any time soon 😂

My current synth king:

Yaqi Rainbow w/ 26mm pony knot
4898DF61-7312-4D03-A11B-0835BB1BC8E3.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I'm a synthetic brush user and hopefully stay that way. I have a Omega boar brush and take it out once in a while just to let myself know how spoiled I am with my current synthetic brushes. I like Razorock Plissoft and recently Yaqi synthetics that have given me very much pleasure. I just bought 3 more synthetic brushes from Yaqi sale and that should be it for a long time buying new brushes:a22:. It is nice to spoil myself with these enjoyable brushes- they might not be perfect for some folks but they are for my needs.
Bought 2 of 3 more for Christmas presents in right picture with 3 more different knots brushes on the way from Yaqi 11.11 sale.
Lathering with a brush has to be one of the most enjoyable sequences of wet shaving for me regardless what brush I use & I'm sure that goes for a lot of traditional wet shavers.
Rons Brush cluster (2).jpg
Yaqi brushes for Christmas and birthday presents 2020..jpg

Have some great shaves! stay & think safe in these times!

Synthetics from TurnNShave have been some of my favorites i.e. Quartermoon, Fan Timberwolf, etcs.
My 26mm Quartermoon fan is the best synthetic I've experienced. To be fair, I've tried some tuxedos, a silver synth, and a synbad. But, for whatever reason, Turn n Shave 26 mm is great. It's my go-to travel/vacation brush right now as well. Uh, I've been away from the house more than 12+ hours once since March. But hey, it's my go-to! (It's also in a lovely custom handle by Viking)

My 26mm Quartermoon fan is the best synthetic I've experienced. To be fair, I've tried some tuxedos, a silver synth, and a synbad. But, for whatever reason, Turn n Shave 26 mm is great. It's my go-to travel/vacation brush right now as well. Uh, I've been away from the house more than 12+ hours once since March. But hey, it's my go-to! (It's also in a lovely custom handle by Viking)
26mm Quartermoon is my favorite knot as well. It doesn't get better than that. Natural hairs do feel nice but the Quartermoon does everything well.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I really like feel of a 24mm cashmere knot. I have two, but one developed a doughnut hole after fewer than 10 uses. And I'm not a masher.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Thoroughly enjoy the Turn-N-Shave Quartermoon, Full Moon, Silver Synth and Timberwolf knots. 😎

Top Bottom