What's new

GLOCK CARBINE: patent submissions appear genuine

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Had military strategists not convinced Hitler that Operation Barbarossa would only take two to three months to complete, Germany may very well have succeeded in occupying Russia.

Up to the very end, many Germans believed that the US would ally with them to take the war to Russia ... Patton was all about that right up until the time of his mysterious accident.

Among others, one of the reasons why Hitler wanted boots on the ground in England was to access the large stores of Iranian oil located there. And speaking of Iran, one of GB’s first military moves at the onset of WW2 was to occupy that country, thus ensuring that the pipeline, so to speak, remained open.

Germany’s largest source of oil came from the Ploiesti refineries in Romania. Knowing that this source would not be adequate for a protracted war, Hitler’s focus shifted away from the failed Blitz, to the Russian oilfields. Interestingly, following the Allied bombings of the Ploiesti refineries & Hitler’s eviction from Russia, Germany’s coalbeds, in the form of synthetic oil & fuel, became their war effort’s primary source of energy.

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
🧐 If the Germans had tried to arm themselves with that complicated cuckoo clock carbine or this Glock vaporware (via the Heisenberg device) the war would have been over even faster.

🤔 Should'a just mass-produced the first PPSh they captured.

One of my uncles (B-24 pilot) bombed Ploesti and lived, though later shot down.

AA

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
The 1000-year reign never would have lifted off the ground had the Heer armed themselves with that G11 ... conversely, take Russia out of the equation & the reign would have endured a few more years.

...One of my uncles (B-24 pilot) bombed Ploesti and lived, though later shot down.
Wow, I hope he survived being shot down ... if so, did he ever talk about those dangerous Ploesti missions? Stephen Ambrose’s book, The Wild Blue, chronicles former presidential candidate & Liberator pilot, George McGovern & his B-24’s exploits ... including Ploesti. Like everything else Ambrose ever put to paper, The Wild Blue is a fantastic read.

My 98-year-old friend, neighbor & B-17 driver flew 23 missions during WW2 & among many other stories, he talks about the friendly, Chevy -vs- Ford-like rivalry that existed between B-24 & B-17 crews ... one of his favorite lines is: “Those B-24s were the crates the USAAF shipped our B-17s in”.

Ploesti ... who’s to say, perhaps your uncle’s Liberator:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The 1000-year reign never would have lifted off the ground had the Heer armed themselves with that G11 ... conversely, take Russia out of the equation & the reign would have endured a few more years.

Wow, I hope he survived being shot down ... if so, did he ever talk about those dangerous Ploesti missions? Stephen Ambrose’s book, The Wild Blue, chronicles former presidential candidate & Liberator pilot, George McGovern & his B-24’s exploits ... including Ploesti. Like everything else Ambrose ever put to paper, The Wild Blue is a fantastic read.

My 98-year-old friend, neighbor & B-17 driver flew 23 missions during WW2 & among many other stories, he talks about the friendly, Chevy -vs- Ford-like rivalry that existed between B-24 & B-17 crews ... one of his favorite lines is: “Those B-24s were the crates the USAAF shipped our B-17s in”.

Ploesti ... who’s to say, perhaps your uncle’s Liberator:

Joe, many thanks. Sure we all have WWII uncles here.... Or maybe grandfathers.

Yes, he was shot down Dec. 28, 1944 over Austria. Four men survived, my uncle was blinded by the flames as he held the bird for others to jump. (He did recover his vision in the POW camp.) As the story goes, they were liberated by Russian women driving tanks. He went on to become a lawyer with a good firm and raised a bunch of smart kids. He died in the late 2000s.

I've read every book I can find on the Ploesti mission(s).

AA

I’d be interested in seeing a Glock PCC or their take on a 1911? :)

Even fan boi’s are getting tired of the lack of innovation. It’s about time ole’ Gaston decided to step outside the box and try something new.

Even if they risk falling on their face. :)

So, single-stack didn't do it for you?

:lol1:

Top Bottom