What's new

GLOCK CARBINE: patent submissions appear genuine

Ad Astra

The Instigator
This comment was interesting...

"I’d sooner buy a Chi-Com anything than buy from the Cult of Gaston."

There's a good book/bio about Gaston Glock, I read it. :a39: It was definitely interesting.

He made radiators, once upon a time in Austria ...

AA

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
This comment was interesting...

"I’d sooner buy a Chi-Com anything than buy from the Cult of Gaston."

I’d be interested in seeing a Glock PCC or their take on a 1911? :)

Even fan boi’s are getting tired of the lack of innovation. It’s about time ole’ Gaston decided to step outside the box and try something new.

Even if they risk falling on their face. :)

They need a higher cap .45 to take on fn fnx 45's imo. I shoot all Glocks very well, turned to CZ recently for more features but there is nothing wrong with Glocks. A pcc would be sweet.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I’d be interested in seeing a Glock PCC or their take on a 1911? :)

Even fan boi’s are getting tired of the lack of innovation. It’s about time ole’ Gaston decided to step outside the box and try something new.

Even if they risk falling on their face. :)

Hopefully if Glock makes a kick *** 1911 it will look better than the Staccatos. But ugly super high quality 1911 pistol.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Is it me or do some of the part silhouettes look suspiciously HK-ish? Not a bad thing. I think the ill fated HK cuckoo clock aka "Space Magic" aka the G11 was the most innovative rifle concept in, well, forever.

Why did Germany lose WWII(predominantly)? Highly developed and technologically complex weapons systems that, while far ahead of their counterparts, were too ineffective in a cost-benefit analysis. Sherman tanks were made with the decision that it would take multiple (the number 3 sticks in my mind) Shermans to terminate 1 Panzer.

The G11 was cool, buuuut...
1621007520405.png

And we thought the M4 was choking in Arabian sand?:c1:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Why did Germany lose WWII(predominantly)? Highly developed and technologically complex weapons systems that, while far ahead of their counterparts, were too ineffective in a cost-benefit analysis. Sherman tanks were made with the decision that it would take multiple (the number 3 sticks in my mind) Shermans to terminate 1 Panzer.

The G11 was cool, buuuut...View attachment 1266506

And we thought the M4 was choking in Arabian sand?:c1:

Wow, more working parts then a Swiss watch!

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Why did Germany lose WWII(predominantly)? Highly developed and technologically complex weapons systems that, while far ahead of their counterparts, were too ineffective in a cost-benefit analysis.

“Predominatly”? Follow that logic & one might conclude that the Whermacht should have won the war with bolt action ‘98s, horse-drawn carts & horse-drawn artillery ... all of which were in abundant supply from 1935 up to VE Day.

No, predominately because of the Allied effort, poor leadership/planning presumptuouness & one particularly brutal winter, Germany was deprived of the resources -- steel, alloys, food & fuel, to name just a few — needed to feed their complex war machine. Göring’s inability to soften up England forced Hitler’s hand, which led to Operation Barbarosa, which was all about laying claim to Russia’s limitless supply of natural resources ... and everyone knows how that campaign ended. Poor planning: The Russian rail gauge was smaller than Germanys, which forcednthe latter to have to widen the rails before suplies could flow. Panzer & Tiger tanks, unlike the Russian T-34, had extremely narrow tracks, which caused them to flounder during the Russian rainy season & winter.

Take the Me-262 as another example ... available as early as 1942, Hitler (foolishly) nixed the idea of a jet-powered fighter, in favor of a jet-powered bomber. By the time Hitler relented & the 262 went into production (mid-‘44), Messerschmitt & others were substituting unobtainable (jet-engine) alloys with aluminum & sheet steel, which necessitated 10-hour engine overhauls & a service life of just 35-hours.

It wasn’t Germany complexitity that was the Wehrmacht’s undoing, it was a relentless Allied effort that choked German War machine. In short, Germany got its’ rear kicked.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
“Predominatly”? Follow that logic & one might conclude that the Whermacht should have won the war with bolt action ‘98s, horse-drawn carts & horse-drawn artillery ... all of which were in abundant supply from 1935 up to VE Day.

No, predominately because of the Allied effort, poor leadership/planning presumptuouness & one particularly brutal winter, Germany was deprived of the resources -- steel, alloys, food & fuel, to name just a few — needed to feed their complex war machine. Göring’s inability to soften up England forced Hitler’s hand, which led to Operation Barbarosa, which was all about laying claim to Russia’s limitless supply of natural resources ... and everyone knows how that campaign ended. Poor planning: The Russian rail gauge was smaller than Germanys, which forcednthe latter to have to widen the rails before suplies could flow. Panzer & Tiger tanks, unlike the Russian T-34, had extremely narrow tracks, which caused them to flounder during the Russian rainy season & winter.

Take the Me-262 as another example ... available as early as 1942, Hitler (foolishly) nixed the idea of a jet-powered fighter, in favor of a jet-powered bomber. By the time Hitler relented & the 262 went into production (mid-‘44), Messerschmitt & others were substituting unobtainable (jet-engine) alloys with aluminum & sheet steel, which necessitated 10-hour engine overhauls & a service life of just 35-hours.

It wasn’t Germany complexitity that was the Wehrmacht’s undoing, it was a relentless Allied effort that choked German War machine. In short, Germany got its’ rear kicked.
Yep. If they would have attacked East first, then dealt with the West once that was over, things would have been much different. It very unlikely that the west would have jumped in to help Russia.

Top Bottom