What's new

gillette platinum v's gillette silver blue

You can read about the light blue ones here:

They are premium blades and their price is very high. I love them. I personally think they are better than the "regular" Platinums.

How do you feel about them compared to GSBs, if you've tried em?

You may love them, or hate them. But only you can decide after trying them. Give them 5 - 10 shaves, at least, with each blade. And use 3 - 5 blades. In other words, use them for a month, then decide.

Good advice!! You need to try a few blades and compare them to a personal favorite (as a baseline). :a29:

Both are very good razors .Try switching razors and you will see they are just good razors.Across the board all Gillettes work good.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Very similar, but I used the platinum several years ago. Silver Blue is an excellent blade, but I suspect the Platinum is very much the same. Might even be the same blade in a different box.

hi is there any differance in the 2 blades as i seem to have got the platinums instead of the silver blues how big a mistake have i made ?

For me, the Silver Blue are much better. No matter the razor nor soap, the Platinum (the ones that come in the darker blue box that looks similar to Silver Blue) always feel rough on my face. Just not smooth at all. The Gillette 7 O'clock Platinum (Black), are the best of the bunch. Of course, opinions differ so that is my opinion only going by use.

Top Bottom