What's new

Gillette Nacet in Arabic?

I was in a big flea market today and found some fun things.
Among other things, I found these razorblades, Bic Astor and Gillette Nacet.
Now I wonder if you have any knowledge about Gillette having manufactured blades in any Arab country or if they made blades for the Arab market because all the text on the package is in Arabic.
Then the question is whether this is genuine Gillette Nacet or copies?
Anyway, I only paid 2 Euro for the 10 Gillette blades, and 1 Euro for the 5 Bic blades.
IMG_20190608_162018.jpg IMG_20190608_162115.jpg IMG_20190608_162037.jpg

^ +1

I get my Nacets from a Jordanian guy, same packaging. It's all good. They have thick beards in that part of the world, so Gillette ships its sharpest blades there (or so the theory goes).

I will try a Nacet tonight. If they are as good as ppl say they are I'm gonna buy me some more.

As long as your at it, try a PermaSharp Super one of these days. Very similar to Nacet as far as smoothness and face feel, but noticeably sharper, nearly as sharp as a Feather. The PSS doesn't get as much love here as Nacet, but it should. It's also a Gillette Russian blade, like Nacet. That all said, it doesn't cut crocodiles in half.

As long as your at it, try a PermaSharp Super one of these days. Very similar to Nacet as far as smoothness and face feel, but noticeably sharper, nearly as sharp as a Feather. The PSS doesn't get as much love here as Nacet, but it should. It's also a Gillette Russian blade, like Nacet. That all said, it doesn't cut crocodiles in half.

One of the vendors at this giant fleamarket also sold Permasharp blades.
7 Euros for a pack of 100 blades.
I will go back today because one of the older sellers would bring a complete travel kit with razor, brush, soap and mirror that I can buy for 5 Euros.
Maybe I will buy a pack of Permasharp as well?

I tested a Nacet last night and was pleasantly surprised.
The blade felt very sharp but still smooth.
I put it in my Ming Shi 2000s on level 4 and needed just two passes and a little clean up to get a really nice BBS.
Will test the blade in my R41 during the week and see if it works equally well with that razor.

One of the vendors at this giant fleamarket also sold Permasharp blades.
7 Euros for a pack of 100 blades.
I will go back today because one of the older sellers would bring a complete travel kit with razor, brush, soap and mirror that I can buy for 5 Euros.
Maybe I will buy a pack of Permasharp as well?

That's a great price for PermaSharps. For that kind of low cost, why not? If you liked the Nacet, you're probably going to like the PermaSharp. They're not all that different. I find it a little easier to cut or nick myself with the Nacet, but the overall results are very similar.

Top Bottom