What's new

Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow.

EdG, in the post I quoted above, said he had ordered himself. He doesn't say so, but I assumed that he got notice after his payment was processed that Luxury Barber was out of stock. When I click on that Ebay link now, it goes to not to an order page but to a page that congratulates me for my offer of almost a few weeks ago being accepted. (I did receive my order.)

Just curious where people have heard, or how they've heard, that the guy is out of stock?

EdG, in the post I quoted above, said he had ordered himself. He doesn't say so, but I assumed that he got notice after his payment was processed that Luxury Barber was out of stock. When I click on that Ebay link now, it goes to not to an order page but to a page that congratulates me for my offer of almost a few weeks ago being accepted. (I did receive my order.)

I placed an order at full listing price. Five days after purchase and payment processed, the order was still not marked shipped. (Their listing says they'll usually ship within a day or two) I initiated contact with the seller (there was no notice or contact on their part) and the reply came that the listing was oversold and they could not fill the order.
The options offered were:
To wait until replenishing inventory arrived.
To substitute items of equal or lesser value. -really?
To receive a refund.

I took the refund and the purpose of my post was to alert other B&B members who may be unknowingly be in the same situation waiting for an order that will not be fulfilled.

Thanks. I ordered on Sep 19. It's been saying item will arrive on Sep 28. When the 28th came and went I contacted the seller to ask if my item had been shipped. I few hours later a refund notice showed up from Paypal.

Here's another deal on 7 O'Clock, Sharp Edge, Yellow box blades from Ebay. This one is for 500 blades (not 1,000) for $83.99, and shipping is free. The seller is in the USA, so you don't have to deal with a longer wait getting something shipped via DHL from Pakistan. The deal with Pakistan is better because you get 1,000 blades instead of 500, but both of these are still excellent deals. If you want lowest possible cost, go with the deal from the Pakistani seller. If you want fewer blades and quicker delivery, go with the deal with the seller in the USA.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gillette-7-...9b63dd4&pid=100009&rk=1&rkt=1&sd=252108561228

If anyone is still looking for a good deal on bulk purchase of Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge, Yellow box blades, here is a good deal I found on Ebay. The price is $85 for 1,000 blades and $15 for DHL shipping. That's a total of $100, or 10 cents per blade! The seller is in Pakistan, and the only way to ship is DHL.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252108561228?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

This offer is done, but it has been succeeded by another one by the same seller that is almost identical, except that the price shipped is 10.5 cents per blade instead of 10...needless to say, still stupefying.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gillette-7-O-Clock-Blades-1000-DE-Blades-/252116155604?

Last edited:
I think yellows, blacks and blues get a lot of love around here, but yellow the least out of three.
I am planning to pop one in the near future and see it for myself whether it lives up to expectation.

+1. All three are nice blades IME. My personal preference is GSB, but all three are fine. :thumbup:

Those of us who know Yellows don't talk about them so there will always be a supply for us and only us-now you've gone and done it!

marty

These were the first blades I tried from my sample pack and my first 2 were great but my last 3 were not so good. I am wondering if I got some bad blades or my technique is still needing work.

These were the first blades I tried from my sample pack and my first 2 were great but my last 3 were not so good. I am wondering if I got some bad blades or my technique is still needing work.

I'm still very new to the DE game, but I would say it's technique. After a few good shaves, I got a little over confident and did a number on my neck. It's easy to think you've got it down, and rush it, force a bad angle, or use too much pressure.

I've been trying all kinds of blades. From high end cost, to low end cost, and always seem to love the Yellows.

I have been using a 7 O'Clock Green (Russia "Super Stainless") this week. This is my first time using them, as they were an impulse buy at Pasteur's. The first shave was a degree above mediocre, and the second shave was significantly better. Today's shave (#3) was excellent. I got a BBS result with a 3-pass shave (WTG/XTG/ATG).

I do like the Yellows more than the Green Super Stainless because I get great shaves from them right off the bat. It seems to me that the Greens need some breaking in.

Fatboy on setting #5 + Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow = ultra smooth shave.
I have used many many blades, with many razors, but this combination is Holy Grail of razor/blade combinations for me.
I have 20 shaves on this one Yellow blade, and its still so smooth, and sharp, that I cannot bring myself to toss it yet.
I have used them past 30 shaves, in the past, so I figure 5-10 more shaves and I will toss it.
If I find another great deal, like the 200 for $28, that I took advantage of, I won't hesitate to buy more.

I've tried many blades since acquiring Gillette 7 o'clock Yellows, and these are still #1 , in my razor.
I thought the Vintage Wilkinson Sword Super Sword blades were better. They were sharper, but didn't hold the smoothness as long as the Yellows.

Top Bottom