What's new

Getting the B&B Fragrance Train Rollin' (Again! -- See post 510)

It's the curse of the fragrance train. If you get it, either your life becomes so complicated that you even touch the train, or you stop shaving entirely and discontinue internet service. I'm lucky that I escaped with my life!

It's the curse of the fragrance train. If you get it, either your life becomes so complicated that you even touch the train, or you stop shaving entirely and discontinue internet service. I'm lucky that I escaped with my life!

I do find myself fearing the arrival of the train at my house for some reason!

I guess it is not an entirely irrational fear after all!

Last edited:

Interestingly enough, I was absolutely swamped the whole time it was in my posession :thumbdown

PM'd auee1977 with the next recipient's (gugi) address at the end of March. Will contact them both to get an update.

would love to get in on this at some point. I do B&S + swaps all the time through Basenotes (same username) so shipping back and forth from Canada usually isn't a problem, are Northern neighbors allowed?

I am happy to pay any shipping fee if necessary. I have lots of various partial samples to add along with wardrobe decants and even decant supplies if necessary.

Thanks

Last edited:
I am alive and well guys. I shipped the train via USPS Priority Mail yesterday to the next member up as notified by Jim. Sorry if I kept it too long and will not offer any excuses. I really enjoyed having it and am grateful. I have been swamped so I have not been on the site in a while, but have not lost interest in shaving or fragrances. I hope to do better in the future. All my best.

I've got a box today that I never expected. Whaddaya know, turns out I did end up on this train after all.
Lots of stuff in there, but I think I should be done with trying the 5-6 things that interest me within the next 1-2 weeks and have it back on the road. I think whoever ended up after me will be happy that they did - I'll add some stuff, that in my opinion are a must have for such box.

I need the next address, as well.

This is your conductor speaking....:tongue:

The purpose of this swapbox is to provide an opportunity for folks to try colognes and aftershaves that they might not normally get a chance to try, by relying on the largesse of the wetshaving community

Several of the mods will be adding samples to the box from their private stashes. I'll provide the empty vials and the box will make its initial rounds this way to get fully stocked. This is the priming phase.

Once the box is "primed", I will publish a list of what is in the box, and put out a call for who wants it next. I will conduct a lottery, and the winner will have the box shipped to them. They take samples out - three can be taken for "free", and any more have to be swapped for something from their stash. Of course, other additions out of kindness are appreciated as well. There will be empty vials in the box to facilitate this.

The person with the box then posts the new inventory and the process begins again. It runs until no one else wants it, and then it returns to me.

This way those who just want to try stuff but don't have samples to contrbute can grab some without obligation (except for the nominal fee), and since the inventory is published beforehand, there is no question about getting the box and beng disappointed in the contents.

We will also keep part of the inventory a "surprise" so there is some fun involved besides knowing all the contents beforehand.

Since I put up the funds to buy the materials, if you get the box I will ask for a donation of $1-$2 to help defray the costs. I think this is a very nominal fee to try out some cool fragrances.

I would also like to hear from anyone who has a lot of colognes/aftershaves who would like to participate in the "priming" phase. The more samples we can start out with, the more fun it is.

I will try and start filling samples this week, and get the box moving along. I will post progress on this thread as it progresses. Feel free to add commentary or suggestions to make this a valuable exercise.

And let not forget the man whom started the train on ...What's that date???
03-11-2006

... and the train-kept-a-rollin' all night long. Thanks to Jason for keeping this train on the track. :thumbup1:

Thanks to all.

<... and the train-kept-a-rollin' all night long.>

Absolutely. Much as I like Aerosmith and think that Joe Perry is one of the most underrated guitar players, the history of this song is the history of rock and roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci4EQDD4CqA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtcVvWRvrIU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLDWQH71dDk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt-HvviKJmA

I think Johnny Burnette's 1956 version may be the best one. Full-on rockabilly.

proxy.php

So where is the train?

Top Bottom