What's new

Getting the B&B Fragrance Train Rollin' (Again! -- See post 510)

Guys, I think we've all seen how this Train has gotten, shall we say, off track a few times. Somehow, through his magical, mystical powers, Jim managed to get it moving (again).

Also, this looks like a good time to go over the rules for eligibility, as well as add another one:simply in an effort to maximize our chances of the Train staying alive and making it to its various destinations.

See below:

All recipients, both those on the current list, as well as anyone else who wants to jump on the list after it was posted, must PM me with their email address and a contact phone number. I promise not to sign you up for any spam lists, or make cranks calls to your phone at 4:00am. Also, for anyone not on the list who wants to be added, there will be a minimum of 6 months of membership (meaning you must have registered on or before February 2009) and have a minimum of 200 posts.

ALSO NOTE THE NEW RULE: I think we all can agree that an expectation of 2 weeks is plenty of time to check out the contents and get it moving on to the next recipient. That means that you should only keep the box for 2 weeks max, then send it on its way to the next gent on the list.

All of this is done not to be difficult... merely to help us stand as best a chance as possible of ensuring the Train keeps chugging along! One quick note on the post count -- 200 ain't a lot, and this Train has been moving since early 2006... so if you want to participate, but don't quite meet the minimum post count yet... start posting! By the time it's gone through a few names, you could be well on your way to sampling a bunch (and I mean a BUNCH) of colognes!

Just thought I'd re-post this for people like me who wanted to get on the train and didn't look at the top of the thread.:blush:

Man, I've been sleeping next to my mailbox for three weeks now... I just couldn't hold it any longer.

I'll be back out there in 10 minutes though... I'll post once it's been received.

<<WAIT! :w00t: I hear the postman coming... gonna have to hold it just a FEW... MORE minutes...>>

Man, I've been sleeping next to my mailbox for three weeks now... I just couldn't hold it any longer.

I'll be back out there in 10 minutes though... I'll post once it's been received.

<<WAIT! :w00t: I hear the postman coming... gonna have to hold it just a FEW... MORE minutes...>>

Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet?:001_smile

Well I hear my train a comin,' hear my train,'hear my train a comin'

Well I wait around the train station
Waitin’ for that train
Waitin’ for the train, yeah
Take me, yeah, from this lonesome place

<<Rsssshhhhh>> <<Rsssshhhh>> Houston?! Houston!!

... <<Rssshhhh>> The eagle... has landed. <<sssshhh>> I repeat... <<ssshhhhh>> The Eagle... HAS Landed!!!

:w00t::w00t::thumbup::thumbup::w00t::w00t:

:jump::jump:

Ps... and there was great joy for one and all that night in the little village of Ironman06-ville.

But beware the Curse of the Fragrance Train. Time will slip away unnoticed. One day you'll be sniffing a nice Penhaligon's sample and, before you realize it, it'll be October.

I thought the train was to spend no more than two weeks at each station? I don't think anyone would fault someone for going a little over that; but if it gets stuck for weeks (or months) there is a real problem!

I thought the train was to spend no more than two weeks at each station? I don't think anyone would fault someone for going a little over that; but if it gets stuck for weeks (or months) there is a real problem!

The risk of this happening will always be the nature of the beast in this type of scenario... unless someone volunteers to personally deliver the train to each recipient and then wait the 2 weeks in their hometown, and then personally deliver it to the next recipient, etc. etc.

Otherwise, the only other recourse is to bug the crap out of the person holding on to it for too long.

Who's next? Where are you train?

I am next according to Post No. 428 in this thread. But note that the list that appears there has my old username. I will PM Baloosh and Ironman06 my contact info, including delivery address!

Thanks. I look forward to trying the scents, but also seeing what this fabled train actually looks like and is all about!!

I am next according to Post No. 428 in this thread. But note that the list that appears there has my old username. I will PM Baloosh and Ironman06 my contact info, including delivery address!

Thanks. I look forward to trying the scents, but also seeing what this fabled train actually looks like and is all about!!

Thanks for letting me know of the username change. I've updated the list accordingly. Will begin to hound the current recipient. :w00t:

Top Bottom