What's new

Getting an even stubble trim

So, after many issues with my cheap knockoff trimmer, I took some suggestions from here and did a minor upgrade. I purchased the Philips vacuum trimmer. Now, I like to keep my facial hair very short at all times, usually just using no attachment on the trimmer. Usually turns out like a 3 day stubble, for me.

Now, this trimmer is definitely significantly better than my old one. However, I'm still having issues, particularly on my cheeks. I have very course and thick hair, and it really likes to curl back in on itself. Other areas like my mustache and chin, the hairs grow outward. So these areas are super easy to trim nice and evenly. However on the problem areas, it seems no matter what I do, I can't get these hairs to stick up and get cut. Does anyone have any suggestions that might help here? I do go against the grain, dry trimming.

Just so I understand, you are essentially using a beard trimmer without a guard as a razor, correct? Sort of like using an electric razor?

I briefly used an electric razor back in high school. There was a product called lectra-shave or something like that. It claims to make the whiskers stand up for an even cut. I have no idea if it really does, or how it works. Amazon has it for ~$5, but I'm sure you can find it at a grocery/pharmacy. I'd try that and see if it helps. There could be another pre-shave that would work similarly as well.

Get a brush and brush it down then cut ATG. If you don't cut against the grain you'll get different length hairs. When I trim my beard, I go multiple directions, several times; to make sure all the hairs are the same length.

Top Bottom