What's new

Geofatboy - See how quickly he shaves!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening gentlemen.

I have been watching his videos on youtube. Anyone notice how quickly he shaves with any razor?

I can't imagine doing that without hurting myself...really crazy scary!!

I shave about as fast, also with any razor, including straight and shavette. I can get a good shave with cartridge under 60 seconds.
That is insane! Ive gotten my two pass shave time down to about 15min (including Lather, alum and cleaning up the sink).

I wonder if some of the more experienced shavers would post vids of their routines?

Good evening gentlemen.

I have been watching his videos on youtube. Anyone notice how quickly he shaves with any razor?

There is an Australian guy on YT; "Steve the daily shaver"?? he sometimes used to go from one ear to the other ear in one stroke maybe did 3-4strokes and was done....

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
3 passes and clean up all done with one lathering to reduce time!(8-12 minute shave)
:shaver

I know that every one has time constraints
& luckily some do not most of their time(retired). If you are the type that is very active or late riser and want a good quick shave and like just the DE method there is a way. The best way is just use some Gillette shaving gel Goo and fill a plastic bowl (or let the tap trickle)with water wet the face with water & hand lather like you normally would.
With one hand you will shave and the other will be the dipping water hand. The objective is to only shave a small area(2X2> inches), you would do WTG first while wetting the hand after 1st pass to pull a little lather and re-activate the slickness for 2nd pass XTG in this 2X2> inch area. Third pass will be if you do ATG will be done by dipping the free hand in the water and reactivating the dried slickness and pulling a little lather in from the unshaven area if needed and Braille feeling the skin if a clean-up is needed and onto the next small unshaven area. You Don't need shaving gel or foam and could use a brush and soap but you have clean up that follows losing time. This method will cut your time easily in half or greater. I HAVE DONE this over 14 times to test for those rushed days that pop up from time to time.
If you want to speed up more just do a 2 pass shave using the above method. I got the idea from @Razorcan who has been doing this similar method for decades.
I like the re-lathering method after each pass, but we all have different time constraints and I'm retired and have lots of time to share a little knowledge on saving time.(Lots of times I mentioned time ....... I won't waste any more of your time of this subject any more
:rofl:
.)
From a old post in 2018 on a another forum.
Have some great shaves

Last edited:
GeoFatBoy taught me everything I needed to know to attempt my first DE shave after 30+ years of electric shaving only. Respect for the blade was and is always foremost in my mind.

His technique is consistent which is key. He is equally as skilled at SE shaving. He was a plumber before he started being a YTer.
I can honestly say I have only nicked myself a couple of times and a handful of weepers in my 1.5 ish years of DE.

Make sure to clear the runways.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Good evening gentlemen.

One nice thing about GEO Fatboy is he is a natural teacher and he keeps his videos interesting and has a sense of humor also and I have mentioned that a few times after watching his video's to him. He has a large following also and sells good shaving gear also.

Last edited:
GeoFatBoy taught me everything I needed to know to attempt my first DE shave after 30+ years of electric shaving only. Respect for the blade was and is always foremost in my mind.

His technique is consistent which is key. He is equally as skilled at SE shaving. He was a plumber before he started being a YTer.
I can honestly say I have only nicked myself a couple of times and a handful of weepers in my 1.5 ish years of DE.

Make sure to clear the runways.
Actually Geofatboy was an electrician I believe.

Yeah, when he does an alum block pass and says "no stinging", I was like "Really?" 🤣 I find Donald Youngner as having a scarier shaving technique though. These veterans really showing their skills.

Reactions: KJI
If I shaved like him my face would be so red. I wish I could be so cavalier: he was riding the safety bar with an R89 and a feather, ouch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never checked how fast I shave, so today I decided to check it up. I measured from that I begun building the lather until I had shaken out all water from the brush and been putting back all equipment into the bathroom closet. I did my typical two pass shave (with lathering between the passes): WTG and ATG. The prep (=my normal morning shower and brush soaking during the shower) was not included in the measurement. I have no irritation at all, and no weeper nor any cuts and I am smooth. Total time 2:40.

Last edited:
  • Wow
There is an Australian guy on YT; "Steve the daily shaver"?? he sometimes used to go from one ear to the other ear in one stroke maybe did 3-4strokes and was done....

Steve the daily shaver is like lightening! Also hardly stops talking when taking the long quick strokes 😲

I have to try that someday, to go from one ear to another one. On the cheeks it would mean ATG on the first pass on one side, but everything under the jaw bone and chin would be a mix between WTG and XTG, so it would not be much of a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom