What's new

Geofatboy - See how quickly he shaves!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attempted to speed up my shave...did a 2 pass in 15m42s...i now have a series of bumps on my chin - may have accidentally used too much pressure - this was shave no.19 with a feather blade...it may have added to the bumps.

No matter what I use, it takes me about 10 minutes from start to finish. I'm not going for speed, but I'm not letting the grass grow under my feet either.

Reactions: KJI
WFIF, I've never seen Geo use any SE razor. He does (relatively) frequently demonstrates SR shaving, both with folding and non-folding shavettes and classical naked-blade SRs.

BTW, he was an electrician, not a plumber.

I recall one of his vids where he shaved with a 1912 or some such GEM razor. He called the blade a "scraper" blade, but he managed to get through it without losing an ear. He didn't look comfortable.

Now, as for how speedy he is - next to Charles Roberts he looks like an arthritic shaving with his off-hand because his dominant hand is tied behind his back.

I recall one of his vids where he shaved with a 1912 or some such GEM razor. He called the blade a "scraper" blade, but he managed to get through it without losing an ear. He didn't look comfortable.

Now, as for how speedy he is - next to Charles Roberts he looks like an arthritic shaving with his off-hand because his dominant hand is tied behind his back.
I'm not impressed with Charles Roberts, at all.

Far too many passes over the same area, with questionable end result.

Some folks have light beard, meaning not only their facial hair is thin in diameter, but their stubble is sparse or patchy.

If you have a tick and dense stubble, which in addition grows almost parallel to skin, then there is no way you could shave like this guy.

For me to achieve a BBS, I have to stretch my skin opposite to the growth pattern of my facial hair and then shave ATG and even then, there are a few areas, where I need to buff the remaining stubble off, shaving only with water splash and the remaining residual slickness of the soap, as otherwise I wouldn't be able to get that "glass smooth" that Geo always mentions in his YT videos. To each his own I guess...

I'm not impressed with Charles Roberts, at all.

Far too many passes over the same area, with questionable end result.

Some folks have light beard, meaning not only their facial hair is thin in diameter, but their stubble is sparse or patchy.

If you have a tick and dense stubble, which in addition grows almost parallel to skin, then there is no way you could shave like this guy.

For me to achieve a BBS, I have to stretch my skin opposite to the growth pattern of my facial hair and then shave ATG and even then, there are a few areas, where I need to buff the remaining stubble off, shaving only with water splash and the remaining residual slickness of the soap, as otherwise I wouldn't be able to get that "glass smooth" that Geo always mentions in his YT videos. To each his own I guess...

I've never seen anyone do that before..

Charles was a quirky but nice man. He’s no longer with us. Let’s give it a rest.

I've said it before, when they carve the wetshaving Mt. Rushmore, Charles' pan will be on it, with the forms delineated. He was an early pioneer in the revitalization of wet shaving with traditional instruments, and his products had a wider following than his "method" did, which had a fair amount of adherents. I didn't buy into the entire method thing, but I have adopted some of his techniques, which is the only my wiry old beard can be reduced to bbs.

Thats crazy...but how sure are we that he has a blade in the razor for this video?

He has other videos and in one of them he does get a few tiny weepers. His insane razor skills are legit. He only used Feather’s too so extra points for danger. Say what you want about the guy but that’s some precision razor work.

I've said it before, when they carve the wetshaving Mt. Rushmore, Charles' pan will be on it, with the forms delineated. He was an early pioneer in the revitalization of wet shaving with traditional instruments, and his products had a wider following than his "method" did, which had a fair amount of adherents. I didn't buy into the entire method thing, but I have adopted some of his techniques, which is the only my wiry old beard can be reduced to bbs.

Most people viewing his videos today don’t realize that he’s probably contributed more to “modern” DE shaving than anyone else. Multiple passes, beard”reduction,” emphasis on slick lather and the concept of BBS being paramount are all things he was a pioneer of. Not to say the concepts didn’t exist prior but he was the one who made them the standard for modern DE shaving. Mantic59 is probably given the most credit for such things but he just adapted what he learned from Roberts and was more popular once youtube took off. His whole story is interesting and his razor skills are undeniable.

He has other videos and in one of them he does get a few tiny weepers. His insane razor skills are legit. He only used Feather’s too so extra points for danger. Say what you want about the guy but that’s some precision razor work.
Ah...didn't mean to cause offence...ive jut never seen anyone do that before...i was expecting a blood bath...he's too good!!

Ah...didn't mean to cause offence...ive jut never seen anyone do that before...i was expecting a blood bath...he's too good!!

No none taken at all. That question has been asked with good reason before. It seems fake watching him. But he was legit.

Reactions: KJI
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom