What's new

GEM Style Razor Collection

No nitpicking from me. Just a compliment. Those are very nice injector razors!
Thanks! I did a January focus on injectors and made sure I used each of them at least once. I really get some incredible shaves from them. My biggest discovery was that the new Black Label blades from Supply are actually pretty fantastic. I had my best injector shave yet with those, even better than the twin injector blades.

Thanks! I did a January focus on injectors and made sure I used each of them at least once. I really get some incredible shaves from them. My biggest discovery was that the new Black Label blades from Supply are actually pretty fantastic. I had my best injector shave yet with those, even better than the twin injector blades.
Wow, that is high praise for the Black Label blades, indeed! I will have to check them out soon. How did they compare to the blades that came with the Parker? I thought someone had said they were both the same. In any event, I need to reevaluate those blades from Parker and maybe order up some Black Labels! I have been sChick only for months now, and the stash is lowering. (Note, not low, just lower!! 🤪

Wow, that is high praise for the Black Label blades, indeed! I will have to check them out soon. How did they compare to the blades that came with the Parker? I thought someone had said they were both the same. In any event, I need to reevaluate those blades from Parker and maybe order up some Black Labels! I have been sChick only for months now, and the stash is lowering. (Note, not low, just lower!! 🤪
If I'm not mistaken, the blades that come with the Parker are Personna coated stainless blades which are not terrible by any means. I would say those are ever so slightly less smooth than the Chinese Schick blades. The Supply Black Label blades are sourced from Japan and cost about the same as the Chinese ones, around $1 per blade. They are slightly cheaper if you buy 16 or 24 but only just. As always with blades, YMMV.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs

Everyone isn't impressed with the Black Label blades, my first buy wouldn't load a blade and lasted about half as long as other less expensive blades. YMMV of course, but consider not buying a boatload of them until you see if they work for you .. if you do buy them save up the metal blade cases from the Chicks to have on hand when/if the Black Label's plastic magazine fails ..

Everyone isn't impressed with the Black Label blades, my first buy wouldn't load a blade and lasted about half as long as other less expensive blades. YMMV of course, but consider not buying a boatload of them until you see if they work for you .. if you do buy them save up the metal blade cases from the Chicks to have on hand when/if the Black Label's plastic magazine fails ..
You are correct. The plastic injector is petty terrible although I have to assume it at least works with their razors. I did end up transferring the blades to a metal injector. I do stand by the quality of the shave, however, even if it is a bit of a pain to deal with the injector. And, yes, as I mentioned, YMMV.

If I'm not mistaken, the blades that come with the Parker are Personna coated stainless blades which are not terrible by any means. I would say those are ever so slightly less smooth than the Chinese Schick blades. The Supply Black Label blades are sourced from Japan and cost about the same as the Chinese ones, around $1 per blade. They are slightly cheaper if you buy 16 or 24 but only just. As always with blades, YMMV.
Thanks, that is great info.
yes, YMMV is such a thing. I appreciate the tips, thanks!

Top Bottom