What's new

GEM Micromatic -Good Shaver & Questions

I received my GEM Micromatic and GEM G Bar yesterday from Abovethetie.com. I shaved with Micromatic today with WalGreen blades. I found it takes sometime to adjust to the GEM angle but I got BBS today.

I have few question , And hope B&Bers will help me out (as always )

1. IF anyone has used both G Bar and Micromatic , what is the difference and which you feel better.

Last edited:
The G-Bar is a milder shaver, but one of the best SEs to use while working on your technique in tricky areas. The Micromatic non-bullet tip is a fantastic razor, one of the best ever (the bullet tip is quite mild).

The G-Bar is a milder shaver, but one of the best SEs to use while working on your technique in tricky areas. The Micromatic non-bullet tip is a fantastic razor, one of the best ever (the bullet tip is quite mild).

Thanks

Last edited:
Personally I prefer the G Bar over the MM, I find the head angle to be just right and it's incredibly nimble.

The G-Bar is a milder razor which is pretty forgiving. I find the MM Bulle-tip (flying wing) to be the same as the G-Bar, mild. However, with the MM Clog-Pruf and OC you gotta be a bit more careful when shaving, not so forgiving but awesome razors.

Hey Guys,

yesterday i received a GEM Micromatic Flying Wing / Bullet Tip. Tomorrow will be my first shave with it. Of what i heared and read it seems to be a very gentle but thoroughly razor. Similar to my Ever Ready 1912 i think.

Now i have a question...i´m playing with the thought of buying a GEM Micromatic OC or another Bullet Tip to let it Cerakote. There would be Delta Echo Razors i think, right? What´s with Razor Emporium? Do they Cerakote too?

Is there anywhere written, how to dissamble suuch a razor? I would like to get into the technical side of these old razors...

Thank you so much.

Greetings
Thorsten

I have both Micromatic razors Bullet closed comb (Mild) and the OC Micromatic more aggressive. my preference is the OCMM. I get a BBS nearly every time when I shave with it.

The OCMM & the Clog Pruf are equally Aggressive Shavers..They are the same design..The Clog Pruf is just a Guard Bar or closed Comb Version of the OCMM with a couple of drainage holes is all..The OCMM gets its reputation because it demands a lot more Skill to use & that was why they brought out the Clog Pruf in later years..:w00t:

Billy

Top Bottom