What's new

Gem G-Bar vs Clog Pruf vs MMOC (not the beast afterall)

I've owned and used all three of these razors, but only used PTFE blades. I then bought an Ever Ready Streamline and sold all three. Massive difference for me in smoothness, comfort, and closeness/post shave feel from the ER - while just as aggressive as the Clog Pruf (maybe more so) which to me is more aggressive than the MMOC. The G-Bar, is just too tame.

Now I want to try the stainless and carbon blades.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I don't find the MMOC particularly aggressive, but I do find it quite efficient. The Fatip open comb was much more aggressive in my opinion, but no more efficient.

I dont find my MMOC aggressive at all. With a fresh blade its maybe a bit more unforgiving than I like though. Its also twice as efficient as my Grande. Shaving directly ATG at ~48 hours, my buffing strokes with the MMOC are twice as long and I need half as many. Doing my cheeks with my Grande is 4 strokes across and 4 back ATG. With my MMOC its only 4 quick strokes ATG. The BBS finish lasts at least 2 hours longer with the MMOC as well.

I can feel the difference between the thinner DE blade in my Grande and the much thicker SE blade in my MMOC. I'd agree that the Fatip is the more aggressive of the two but I believe its because of the thickness difference of the blades and their inherent rigidity, or lack of.

The thicker SE blades are wonderfully smooth. My GEM Bullet Tip with a fresh PTFE blade is a really nice shave. It offers the same level of efficiency and I shave exactly the same with it as I do my Grande. Because of the thicker more rigid blade though its smoother, more comfortable and more gentle on my skin.

If the MMOC is too much of a good thing, do the first 4 shaves with a fresh PTFE blade in a Bullet Tip then move it to the MMOC. Those two razors should have been sold in sets they compliment each other so well.

Does the gbar has the same design as the Featherweight.

Yes, they share the same "V-Slim" flat top frame, also known as "Natural Angle" in Great Britain.

ER HFT In The Building!
proxy.php

Left to right: Ever Ready Natural Angle, GEM Heavy Flat Top, Star (British) Featherweight (with HFT cap), GEM Featherweight & GEM Featherweight (Gold).

Top Bottom