What's new

GEM 1912 or schick for first se shave?

I picked up a pack of gems blades and an injector pack from cvs.
I was contemplating having my first SE shave tonight and thought I'd throw this question out to you guys.

GEM 1912 or Schick eversharp for your first SE shave??

John

I picked up a pack of gems blades and an injector pack from cvs.
I was contemplating having my first SE shave tonight and thought I'd throw this question out to you guys.

GEM 1912 or Schick eversharp for your first SE shave??

John

I just finished a couple of weeks of shaving with the Schick. The GEM beats it -by far- giving a smoother and more comfortable shave. Do your face a favor and go with the 1912. :thumbsup:

Presented as a public service by your old pal, BroJohn.

-- John Gehman

I like GEMs more that injectors. But, for your first shave, I think an injector will be easier to get good results from since the shave angle is pretty much like a disposable razor.

Ok choice made and shave over.
I went with the 1912.
Words really can't do justice to how WODERFUL that shave was!!!
Took my time and did my prep
Used Conk's Bay Rum soap
Finished with Clubman bay rum AS.

I have been struggling with my tech a bit for the last three days. Don't get me wrong I love it, and it is leaps and bounds better than a cartridge shave, but this shave with the 1912 was better by an order of magnitude.

The razor just seemed to fit my hand better. I loved the heaver weight and balance. I felt like I could really let off the hand pressure and let the razor do the work. The best part was the audio feedback!!! I could hear the blade cutting even when I couldn't feel any pull or tug on my face. I think that was really the key.

Anyway enough raving, I've got a sampler pack of DEs on the way so I'm not about to give up on DEs,but I'm going to stick with my little GEM for at least a week or so and enjoy the ride :)

John

any time i hear someone praising gem i get happy:c9: these razors don't seem to quite get their credit when compared to the gilette masses. personally i love my featherweight, an outstanding shaver.

any time i hear someone praising gem i get happy:c9: these razors don't seem to quite get their credit when compared to the gilette masses. personally i love my featherweight, an outstanding shaver.

I've come to really appreciate the shaves that I get from a Push-Button Gem, which is basically a Featherweight with a novel mechanism to hold it shut.

As a faithful gemocrat you should put it in your signature,

Like me :thumbup1:

+1

The Gems do a phenomenal job, dare I say better than my DE razors. :tongue_sm:tongue_sm

I shave with both (and the occasional Injector) simply because I like variety.

I have one Injector, 5 Gems, and 7 DE razors. :w00t::w00t:

Top Bottom