What's new

Futur or Mergress, which new adjustable should I get?

Even though I thoroughly bashed it, I'll add that I do find the progress attractive and it does feel nice and hefty in the hand!

I have neither, but when I was shopping, I was impressed with the weight, feel, and overall quality of the Progress (minus the plastic knob). The Futur felt a bit cheap and sketchy to me. I don't mean to offend those who love their Futurs, but to me the adjustment wasn't as smooth as I would expect and it didn't feel worth the price.

A Progress with a cooncatbob custom handle/knob conversion is probably going to be my next razor purchase.

That's my baby. It's been a 100% RAD killer. I have a Futur and a standard Mergress as well, but I've been almost completely devoted to the Bull Mastiff Progress since it showed up at my door. I'm not taking away from the Futur, because it's an excellent razor. If not for the the Bull Mastiff Progress, it would be almost my favorite razor.

After starting off years ago with a regular Progress and eventually moving to Progresses w/ and w/o cooncat bob upgrades, and a regular and extended mergress as well as the chrome & matte futurs I find that, for me, the futurs offer a smoother shave and more control with a wider blade assortment than the progresses seem to.

I'll always keep the Mers and Progresses in my inventory, but if I had to keep only one adjustable I'd probably keep the Future and switch between it and a slant.

BTW, can anybody tell me how long the long-handled Progress/Mergress is? Is it about like a 38C? Longer? Shorter? Thanks.
My (sledge hammer) Barbara Pole Slant is a 1/4 inch shorter than my Long handle Progress. Sorry no photo for you. :wink2:

i was thinking of this initial question some time ago. I have neither, but from reading this, i would go for the Futur.

Top Bottom