What's new

Which Superslant base plate should I start with?

If it helps to inform your advice, my current go-to is a Muhle R41 with an Astra SP or Bic CP. A close runner-up is a Merkur 37c with a Feather.

(I'd probably use the Merkur 37c more if the gap were the same on both ends. I'm not wild about recalibrating angles when using the corners of the razor under my nose.)

Despite being a big fan of the Muhle R41, I prefer my adjustable to be around 2 or 3 when I use it... which isn't often.

I use Blackbird as a daily shaver and I have found the GreenCult v1.0 (0.95) too agressive. I find the L3 great, perfect for me, it's the only one I have tried. I know people who tried several and have found the L2++ to be the best for them, they found the L3 to be slightly too aggressive, they found the Blackbird too agressive too. Hope this helps!

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I also use a Merkur 37. The Superslant L3SB is smoother and closer than that.

If you're on the fence, wait a couple-three weeks while the new OC plates get out into people's hands. I think the L3SB is a very nice razor, and hope for even more of a good thing from the OC plates.

O.H.

I also use a Merkur 37. The Superslant L3SB is smoother and closer than that.

If you're on the fence, wait a couple-three weeks while the new OC plates get out into people's hands. I think the L3SB is a very nice razor, and hope for even more of a good thing from the OC plates.

O.H.
Italian Barber sent me an email notice saying they had some of the OCs in. I FOMO'd an L3++. I fully expect to cut my face off of my skull.

I'm encouraged by your 37c comparisons and appreciate the wisdom.

Top Bottom