Monday morning,

Gillette NEW Long Comb,
Personna Barber Blade,
Rooney 1/1 Best Badger Brush,
Arko shave soap w/ hot water lather,
finish w/ cold water rinse. DFS!

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: 24mm Morris & Forndran, 2-band Blonde Badger
Maxterpiece: 6/8" Wacker "Wickinger", Near Wedge, French Point (w/ G10 Ivory scales + Red Jasper Stone Wedge)
Strop: 40/70 (Neil Miller Linen / Ambrose Horse Hide Clásico leather)
Überlather: Floris "JF" Shave Creme + Floris "JF" Shave Soap + Glycerin
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Rose Petal, no alcohol)
Moisturizer: Trumper's Fragrance-free Moisturizer
After Shave Splash: Calvin Klein "Eternity" AS
After Shave Balm: Calvin Klein "Eternity" ASB
Cologne: Calvin Klein "Eternity" EdC
Results: Decided to take out the Wacker today. Max had recently dressed her in Ivory with red stone wedge :001_wub:. Before receiving her new clothes, this beautiful gem was hidden behind some ungodly cherry wood scales. Now, this Cinderella is ready and worthy of all the spotlights. Also, I opted for the Floris today, which provided with some of the most wonderfully scented lather this (or any) side of the Mississippi. A first class, BBS shave all the way
proxy.php

proxy.php

Enjoy a SPECTACULAR start to your week guys
proxy.php

Monday:

Bump Fighter (2)
Thater Stout 2
MWF stick
Bump Patrol
Nivea Sensitive balm
AVC Ice Blue
Avon Wild Country Cologne NOS

MARVELOUS MONDAY SHAVE

Coffee: French Roast
Pre-Shave: Face lather & wash with Mysore Sandal Soap.
Shave Oil: Blend with Tea Tree Oil and touch of Menthol
Shave Soap: TOBS Sandalwood Shave Cream lathered in warmed glass bowl
Razor: Gillette Tech Old Type
Blade: Astra SP (3)
After Shave: Alum Stick
Fragrance: TOBS Sandalwood

Truly a wonderful Monday morning shave… Three passes – DFS!! I was dragging after spending the weekend in 104+ degree heat at a showcase baseball tournament in Central Texas. I used Arko and an old Williams Boar brush in my travel kit this weekend. It was enjoyable, but the combination of the Mysore Sandal soap pre-shave wash and the TOBS Sandalwood Cream is unbeatable (IMO). The TOBS just explodes with rich scented lather. Great close shave, almost did not need the 3rd pass – but I was enjoying the shave so I went for one more.

TOBS Sandalwood - Semogue 830 - Deramaix Frameback - Proraso

proxy.php

Now that the Spanish themed week is over, it's back to trying to use up some products for me.

25th:
C&E Nomad SC
C&E BBB
Feather Portable w/ Dorco ST-300
Thayer's Original
4711 AS
Guerlain Vetiver

It's always free week.

Monday, 25.Jul.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
LiJüh&1980 Finest
La Toja jabón de afeitar
Edwin Jagger DE86
Personna Continente
Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber
Edwin Jagger Aloe ASB

proxy.php

My solidarity goes to the people of Norway, who suffered an horrendous attack. Fanaticism, whichever excuse supports it, is an evil for every civilized society.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Plisson #16 HMW Horn | Mitchell's Wool-Fat | Gillette Toggle w/7 0'Clock | Floid Vigoroso
Acqua Di Gio :001_wub:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
HD/SP
G5
ER 100 in cherry red and cream with an 18mm Vulfix boar
'02-'03 Williams - little scent but a nice creamy lather
Cold water splash
Spanish Floid Suave

Monday morning:

Omega / C&E Sienna / Merkur / Camaldoli / SMN Tobacco Toscana

proxy.php

The Brush Chronicles continues....

Monday:

Plisson 18 HMW
Trumper's Sandalwood cream
Feather SS with Gillette Super Platinum (blue box)
Thayer's Original witch hazel
Clinique Post-Shave Healer
Creed Bois du Portugal

Hmm....I'm not sure these pricey blue box Gillettes are any better than the blue & white wrapper Israeli Personnas. YMMV and all that....

Monday:

Simpsons Case
Proraso Soap
Feather SS Razor
TOBS Alum Block
Proraso Balm
Proraso Splash

After reading Marco's post on lathering Italian soft soaps, I gave it a try. Initially, I feared I had too much water, but I continued on my merry way and my efforts were rewarded with an incredible amount of rich, slick lather - just as Marco promised.:thumbup:

My Schonex came back from honing this morning, so extra fun in the bathroom!
I found this beauty at a fleamarket, in need of some TLC but nothing even a newbie couldn't handle. After hours of hand sanding and dremel polishing I sent her to Emmanuel from coticule.be for honing. The edge was pretty beat up from the restore, but the proud Greek did not shy from this task and put his Cretan and Belgian stones to work.
I'm a novice with a straight (about 10 shaves in), so I can't really comment on the quality of the honejob, but it was certainly as good as the Shapleigh I bought shaveready from Drewmac recently. Even a bit smoother maybe, but I might be imagining it.
I didn't have time for a pic (spent all my time shaving), but I'll show my baby off soon enough.
The Palmolive stick gave me a nice and creamy lather, the Shonex gave me a good challenge to start off the day (still wrestling with blade position and angle). After the first pass I switched to my trusted Merkur 11C and finished with some alum and a splash of l'homme by Roger&Gallet.
Now I'm counting down the hours before I can shave again. This is going to be a great week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom