What's new

Franklin Toiletries Atra (rare)

Hi guys i snagged a NIB rare gold Franklin toiletries ATRA handle but it doesn’t have the Atra button on the top to eject the blade . I don’t want to break it but I can’t figure out how to change the blade . Any ideas ?
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It came in the box with full case tags and everything . I can take a pic tomorrow of the box and the text where it says it takes swivel cartridges

Franklin Toiletries were usually Evernice products from Taiwan. This doesn't look as solid as those. It will only be a gold effect and not gold plate.

There were, and still are, lots of aftermarket handles for most cartridge razors. The upmarket and luxury ones are in my opinion unattractive. These are the Read and Barton, International Silver, Tiffany, and Gucci products. Modern versions are sometimes good. In the 70's and 80's there were many mass produced aftermarket handles that were in gift sets, such as Franklin Toiletries, Old Spice etc.
Fragrance brands gave them away, Aramis, Ralph Lauren, Avon, and Gucci. Note that there are luxury Gucci handles, and Gucci fragrance handles produced by their fragrance licensee.

Any ideas on how I can change the cartridges on this one ? I have no idea since there is no button on top .
Thanks

Slide the cartridge to one side (l) and pull away on the right end...it should release. The head has a sort of “C” at the end of the handle, on which each end will grab into a hole in the cartridge.

Here is an atra half attached to a headblade
To finish it’s install you would push downward on cartridge, toward table surface, then inward to catch the “L” clasp by the hole in cartridge backside. The plastic clasps here bend. Your metal ones probably pivot inside the head and will spread outward with the same maneuver
C53698E1-9462-4805-ADB9-C4F190BA1183.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom