What's new

Frag Acquisitions

Just picked up a 60ml split of Erolfa... really like it. Very salty and lemony on the top, but once it calms down you get a superb melon note with an underlying base of Ambergris. Watched a movie outside on the docks of the Hudson River park today, and it was a great compliment to the evening.

Last edited:
A few new pick ups as I figure out what I like, including some cheapies:

-A*Men Pure Malt
-Cool Water
-Cuba Gold
-L'Homme by YSL

I never smelled Cool Water until I bought it, despite how long it's been around, and I've come around to liking it. Cuba Gold, which multiple sources liken it to Le Male, really assaulted my nose on first spray, but I'll give it another go once the weather cools down a bit. 100ml for under $10 though was still worth the blind buy.

$2015-08-25 18.02.18.jpg

Just picked up a bottle each of Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta and Blu Mediterraneo Bergamotto Di Calabria as they were finally on sale! Awesome fragrances that I've waited a long time to acquire.

I recently got back in on the frag game. I recently picked up:
Armani Code (Had this one before, but wanted to grab it again)
Perry Ellis 360 Red for Men
La Nuit de l'Homme by YSL

Picked up a few bottles today, new stuff I've never tried.

Penguin (Munsingwear)
I went over to the In-laws to pick up the girls and Stephanie's little brother was there, I let him smell the new frags, ended up giving him the bottle of Penguin. He completely flipped over it. He asked how much he owed me for it, I told him to just come over and mow my lawn. He insisted and then I told him it was $8. I think he's going to stock up on Penguin. He's 21yo, I'm 40. It's a young man's scent in my opinion. A bit too sweet and fruity for my manly bearded self.

Kanøn Norwegian Wood
Kanøn Norwegian Wood is to my nose a mild-medium sandalwood dominant scent for a mature man. Not an old man, but most kids don't pull off strong woods. Reminds me a bit of Kenneth Cole Signature, which is my lady's favorite date night scent for me. At $6.99/100ml, it's a worthy alternative.

Sung Homme
This Sung Homme (Alfred Sung/Elizabeth Arden) I'm currently stinking of... now this stuff is mind blowing at $9.99/100ml. I'm going to stock up. I work in schools, and I think it's a perfect work fragrance for me. Strong but not cloying, soapy clean but woody and spicy as well, very very pleasant. NOT SWEET, nor aquatic. Just right up my alley, & at $10 a bottle I could stock up in five bottle bundles and not break the bank.

Attachments

• $IMG_20150902_174222571_HDR.jpg
    $IMG_20150902_174222571_HDR.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 87
Sung Homme was my very first fragrance purchase back in my teen years. I loved it and got quite a few compliments from the girls. Once Dior Fahrenheit came out, I moved on to that fragrance for a long time.

Kenneth Cole Vintage Black - (not nearly as good as Kenneth Cole Black) and smells more like Calvin Klein CK Summer 2014. Not bad but not good.

Aramis Tuscany Per Uomo- A wonderful fougere with citrus and spices.

Scent Story 24 Gold - Just an amazing fragrance with beastly projection and longevity. It should be on everyone's purchase list.

DSquared Rocky Mountain Wood - a very earthy, clean fragrance that will be great this autumn.

Jill Sander The Essentials Scent 79 Man - A woody scent with incense. It's delightful.

Keihl's Fig Leaf and Sage - this is a unisex fragrance that really does have a nice fig projection. It's more of a summer fragrance to me and would probably go really well layered with a citrus-based fragrance.

Picked up a few goodies since my last post:

Bleu de Chanel
I liked the sample I got from Sephora, then saw a great deal on a 50ml bottle on eBay.

Individuel by Montblanc
Wanted something for the Fall in my collection, but the temperature is only now just going down below 70 and this one seemed a bit strong to wear for hot and humid Boston weather.

Perry Ellis 360 for Men
It's been years since I had Acqua di Gio, so I thought I'd give this a try. It's a great take on the scent, but I think my tastes have changed and will look to sell or trade this for something else.

Tell us what new colognes you just purchased or received/acquired.

It doesn't matter if they're samples or decants.

I just got 2 colognes a couple days ago

Versace Pour Homme
Prada Amber Pour Homme

I had gotten samples of these last year and decided to buy full bottles.

I just got a sample of Ralph Lauren Polo Blue Sport. I like the smell but the longevity is very short. The bottle looks nice too.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I picked up a bottle of Le Labo Gaiac 10. This is a city exclusive of Tokyo and I believe you either need to travel to Tokyo or go to San Francisco until next year if you want to pick up another bottle

I picked up a bottle of Le Labo Gaiac 10. This is a city exclusive of Tokyo and I believe you either need to travel to Tokyo or go to San Francisco until next year if you want to pick up another bottle

Nice and are you getting compliments on it?

Picked up a bottle of L'Occitane Vetyver.

I had tried the sample in several stores while on vacation during the summer.
I liked the scent, and it lasted a long time on me.

Top Bottom