What's new

For you older gentlemen which grows faster ear hair or whiskers?

I swear the older I get the faster the hair in my ears grow. I have a Wahl trimmer and have to clean them up every 3-4 days. Too bad you can't just shave them daily with the rest of your face. :shaving:

I shave about five times a week, with two days off for face rest. I can keep the subject hairs under reasonable control using a Schick ST2 sensitive disposable with a very thin head profile, about twice a week.

My eyebrows look like two caterpillars locked in mortal combat. Throw that in with my gorilla T-shirt and cascading ear hair and you could find my picture next to hirsute in the encyclopedia.

I'm fortunate that beard still grows faster. Nose, ears and the crazy eyebrow hairs get whacked about once a week.

I have hair on the outer edges of my ear. I shave it daily with my whiskers. Always feel a little nervous doing so due to the curves involved. Sometimes I'll grab the old Trac II for some extra cleanup as it has a smaller head than a DE.

Hey ,I'm in the old club now!!!!! How bout those wild shoulder hairs. I remember making fun of my dad with all the ear ,nose and shoulder hairs. Now my son jokes with me about them.

I believe all hair on the head, our whiskers, nose hair, ear hair, eye brows, and hair on the top of the head grow at a similar rate. Why not?

Last edited:
I believe all hair on the head, our whiskers, nose hair, ear hair, eye brows, and hair on the top of the head grow at a similar rate.
True, all hair grows at about the same rate. Different types of hair spend different amounts of time in the "growing" stage of their life cycle leading to longer or shorter hair in different areas.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Don't forget "wild-eyebrow" stragglers.

Like in one day I can get an eyebrow hair grown an inch. Always in a contrary direction.

Price we pay for not getting kilt in youth.

AA

Top Bottom