What's new

For Dave (GEM story inside)

Yes, it is a great way to do that very thing. And the beauty is most sellers don't know that they have one of the best shaving tools out there. So they throw them in to up the count on the lot. I have gotten most of mine that way. Let's keep that just between all of us. :ihih:

Man! I'm just about to go for my evening shower and shave. I had nearly settled on using the new DE but now, looks like I'll pull out the Gem instead. The micromatic is amazing. I shaved with it Tuesday evening and by now, I'm getting a little stubbly but not bad at all. These Gem shaves not only seem to be of great quality but they last a very long time.

V

VR6ofpain

Shave number two with the 1912 was just as good as the first. I did a quick two pass this morning, WTG then XTG. I skipped the ATG as I didn't want to go into work with cuts if I messed up. Just the two passes was easily on par with a good DE shave. Something about the 1912 shave seems faster. I feel like each pass takes more hair with it.

Going to my 3rd 1912 shave tomorrow. If it is as good I'll push through the weekend with it. My poor HD has a new Super Stainless blade in it with only one shave on it so far...and the thing has been loaded since Sunday night!

Shave number two with the 1912 was just as good as the first. I did a quick two pass this morning, WTG then XTG. I skipped the ATG as I didn't want to go into work with cuts if I messed up. Just the two passes was easily on par with a good DE shave. Something about the 1912 shave seems faster. I feel like each pass takes more hair with it.

Going to my 3rd 1912 shave tomorrow. If it is as good I'll push through the weekend with it. My poor HD has a new Super Stainless blade in it with only one shave on it so far...and the thing has been loaded since Sunday night!

Wait until you start to accumulate GEMs. At that point you'll have your HD still loaded with a new blade and you'll have all your GEMs on the go as well. At the moment, I have a new blade in one of my fatboys, one in a black handled superspeed and I'm alternating between two GEMs, a 1912 and a Streamline. I've been toying with the idea of adding my lather-catcher to the rotation. I find I have no plans at all for the loaded DE's at this point...:rolleyes:

V

VR6ofpain

Wait until you start to accumulate GEMs.
Up until yesterday I actually had 8. I sold two of them. Not too long ago I had 9, but I sold a G-Bar as well.

My current roster is:
GEM 1912
Ever-Ready 1912 (British made)
GEM "contour style" Push-button
GEM Featherweight (x2, both in cases)
GEM G-Bar (NOS in case with papers and Duridium blades)

Top Bottom