What's new

For all you Brown Leafers who are also Nibheads ;

Last night, I was cleaning my pipes during the BL Online Pipe Club meeting. In the process, I'd used one of my shot glasses to hold the everclear to dip pipe cleaners, before running them through the pipes. You know the drill. What I realized is that I recently used this same shot glass to clean some of my fountain pens and it was badly stained with Noodlers ink. The night I was cleaning pens, I noticed this and tried to clean it out, but it left some residual ink that wouldn't come out.

Well...once the everclear hit that ink, it instantly broke loose and colored the water light blue. Naturally, I just dumped it and started over, but it made me think...hey, I've got some pens that have ink stains that I cant remove. So, today I dipped a Q-tip in everclear and went at these pens, they look great..it removed every drop of ink. Some of which was "bulletproof"...guess it can't withstand the 190 proof ;-)

Just thought, I'd throw this out there....

Thanks for the share, Rick! This is why I never drink Everclear, if it can dissolve anything, imagine what it does to your insides! :scared:

Awesome story. Just got my first Noodler ink and was wondering how to remove bulletproof myself. And another post to push me to the pipe club. Guess I should start looking!

For all you Nibheads who are Brown Leafers lol, Ian just tossed this into a thread over there
proxy.php

... just sayin'.

didnt even know it existed

All I can say, is that I have NEVER mixed Everclear with peach juice and sipped on it, while cleaning my pipes.....*uncrosses fingers*

For the Record

A) Everclear isnt allowed nor sold here, and if i did get it i would not waste it on pipe nor cat, and im pretty sure i wouldnt handle any inks while using it for its intended purpose
B) Rick, you sir are not being all that honest up above, and i can read right thru that comment, we can totally see your fingers crossed

For the Record

A) Everclear isnt allowed nor sold here, and if i did get it i would not waste it on pipe nor cat, and im pretty sure i wouldnt handle any inks while using it for its intended purpose
B) Rick, you sir are not being all that honest up above, and i can read right thru that comment, we can totally see your fingers crossed

okay, so I should probably tell you that it also goes well in Tropicana Orange, Pineapple, Banana juice....in a gesture of full disclosure and all ;-)

Last edited:
okay, so I should probably tell you that it also goes well in Tropicana Orange, Pineapple, Banana juice....in a gesture of full disclosure and all ;-)

I'm not quite sure why someone would drink pipe and ink cleaner when there is a huge assortment of top notch scotch's and rums out there.

It's called "college"

Only for the people that don't know about quality drinking, I was always drinking craft beer and quality scotch when I was in university. I actually helped a few people find out how good beer can taste instead of just being an medium to play beer pong. I wish I had picked up a pipe back then... I really wish I picked up a proper razor back then too!

I'm not so sure about the rum, definitely the tequilla.

I had the chance to sample a couple of rums that were made with quality ingredients, then barrel aged for several years before bottling, and sipping those was like a liquid gold. No bite of any kind, really great notes of molasses and spice could be detected. These were not something you add to fruit punch and drop an umbrella into for a garnish... :)

Top Bottom