What's new

For all my B&B friends in Florida!

Seems that way as of now. we're already getting some nasty feeder bands here and were not even at the beginning of this. The brunt (eyewall) should pass somewhere in my vicinity by 8 am. Thursday. Still an opportunity though for it to hopefully steer slightly away. With these things though you never really know till it's practically at your doorstep. When the aftermath happens is that we learn where the path actually was. What's scary is that it shows to be Category 3 up until it's just south of Orlando. Hopefully it quickly loses some steam by the time it reaches that point. The expectation is Cat 1 by the time it passes through here. But as always, you never know. We shall see!
Thankfully if it remains on it's current path (northeast track), you all should be safe up there. Seems like you'll be just west of all the action.
I have been there hoping for a wiggle in the storm track. Not good when that's all you can hope for. Good luck LRod.

This looks like it's gonna be a rough one folks!
I've been through this more times than I can count but it's always an eerie feeling when you really know that the storm is now aiming at you. I've seen and lived the destruction first hand!
For those that have never been through a hurricane, it's no joke! It's one of the most unpleasant experiences while you sit watching and hearing the roar of the monster that's outside. And you only hope that it will all be fine when it's over.
I hope that all of you have buttoned everything down. And hoping that you're ready for the hours we face waiting for this thing to pass.
I'm sure many of us will lose power and that's why I'm writing now. I don't know when it'll go away and don't know when it'll come back!
May all of you (and your families) be safe and we'll hear from each other on the other side of Ian!
Many blessings,
LRod

Best wishes, Sir LRod!
Down here in Delray/Boca, it's almost nothing!
But, I'm expecting/hoping that the new building codes will serve you well and keep you safe!
Please continue to post!
Keep safe and look forward to hearing update!

Best wishes, Sir LRod!
Down here in Delray/Boca, it's almost nothing!
But, I'm expecting/hoping that the new building codes will serve you well and keep you safe!
Please continue to post!
Keep safe and look forward to hearing update!
Yep, hoping the same. My home was built recently so it should be ok (I hope).
I went through Andrew down South back in '92 and witnessed the mess because of the shoddy bulding shortcuts that were done.
You guys down there thankfully dodged a bullet this time!

The Florida west coast is getting hammered. My brother says this is worse than Andrew.
You're brother is definitely right. The west coast this time got it hard. They did ok back then with Andrew in comparison to Homestead/South Miami. I'm afraid to see the mess that will be left behind. Just seeing the cars completely underwater is crazy. Some reports also of some houses with water up to the roof lines. I saw some videos of marine life swimming through the city too. It's nuts!

You're brother is definitely right. The west coast this time got it hard. They did ok back then with Andrew in comparison to Homestead/South Miami. I'm afraid to see the mess that will be left behind. Just seeing the cars completely underwater is crazy. Some reports also of some houses with water up to the roof lines. I saw some videos of marine life swimming through the city too. It's nuts!
I was around for Andrew but I didn't experience it. The stories are crazy. Like the Homestead air force base being wiped of the map.

The good news is that I just took a shower ahead of the possibility of the power going out.
And I had a nice peaceful shave with my ATT stainless/aluminum H1 .91 that I hadn't used in a while. Paired it with a Gillette Platinum blade, TOBS Cedarwood & Proraso red after shave and ended up with one of the greatest shaves I've had. I shave every day but was busy yesterday prepping my house so I ended up skipping a day. That ATT is the right razor for multiple days of growth. Super blade forward and agressive but ridiculously smooth! :)

The good news is that I just took a shower ahead of the possibility of the power going out.
And I had a nice peaceful shave with my ATT stainless/aluminum H1 .91 that I hadn't used in a while. Paired it with a Gillette Platinum blade, TOBS Cedarwood & Proraso red after shave and ended up with one of the greatest shaves I've had. I shave every day but was busy yesterday prepping my house so I ended up skipping a day. That ATT is the right razor for multiple days of growth. Super blade forward and agressive but ridiculously smooth! :)
Also crank the air conditioner down. So the house stays cooler longer.

I am so happy to hear some good news from you. I hope that you and your family stay safe and out of harm's way.
And all my good thoughts and positive vibrations to all my B & B friends who are affected by this horrible storm. Godspeed !

I am so happy to hear some good news from you. I hope that you and your family stay safe and out of harm's way.
And all my good thoughts and positive vibrations to all my B & B friends who are affected by this horrible storm. Godspeed !
Thanks!
Gotta have something positive through all of this. I appreciate your good wishes!
LRod

Priorities, man. You've got yours right! You can't do anything about the weather but, by God, you can get a good shave in before TSHTF. :)

So far so good!
Everything has kept itself together, still have power and internet and just waiting for it all to pass.
The worst though still hasn't gone through. 1am-8am!

So far so good!
Everything has kept itself together, still have power and internet and just waiting for it all to pass.
The worst though still hasn't gone through. 1am-8am!
Why do these things like to happen in the wee hours?

Why do these things like to happen in the wee hours?
Man I don't know. I've always questioned that. Out of the tons of hurricanes I've been through, they mostly all have come in at night. I think it's coincidence but it's also strange!
Makes it worse especially if you lose power. We're getting pounded right now!
Thankfully the houses are built to withstand it but in the morning I'll step out to see
the aftermath. (Still have a few hours to go). Sometimes roof tiles fly off, Fence flies off, tree damage, car damage etc..
I'm surprised that I still have power & internet. I had the house built in 2018 so it's a new neighborhood where all the electricals are underground. I guess that actually works!
And these new houses are tight as a fridge. You can barely hear what's happening outside but when you look outside
It's scary, LOL!!

Top Bottom