What's new

Fontenille & Luna rescales

These 2 belong to Luc, that B&B mod with the mostest razors, or so it seems. Always keeps me busy & off the streets :001_smile

Both were in for honing & rescale but both needed major surgery. The Luna needed about 2mm removed at the toe to get past the pitting on the edge but any remaining pitting is well away from the edge now. See microscope "before" pic

The blue Fontenille needed the heel area reshaped to allow honing. See this all the time with razors worn flush to the stabiliser . The heel bevel doesn't form as it is kept off the hone with most of the pressure going to the toe.

Any who both razors plus an extra French one in the batch honed up perfectly. All 3 rivalling my Iwasaki in performance. Awesome shavers.

Heading south of the border this arvo mate:thumbup1:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
As always, very good work Oz! :thumbup1: I have to keep those streets safe! :laugh:

Last edited:
If you see the pile of wedges ive got for you, Lucs will seem like a short walk in the park :biggrin:

Im loving that one in blue

That is some fine work Oz!

You obviously could make good money throwing together a how-to-hone class for Aussie mods :tongue_sm

lord knows i need a honing class from Os. Anything even remotely tricky I throw his way :biggrin:

os - the blue acrylic.. not yet, though seeing that im'a have to bust it out!

Last edited:
That is some fine work Oz!

You obviously could make good money throwing together a how-to-hone class for Aussie mods :tongue_sm

Thank you sir !
Mod honing class. Now there's a thought :lol:

lord knows i need a honing class from Os. Anything even remotely tricky I throw his way :biggrin:

os - the blue acrylic.. not yet, though seeing that im'a have to bust it out!

Get it clickin' clackin' Dunny. Expect to see one from you soon:biggrin1:

Luc

Staff member
I had a few images BTW of the Fontenille... Before...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Those horn scales may still find a home on a slightly narrower razor Luc

And thanx to one & all for any comments:thumbup1:

Luc

Staff member
Those horn scales may still find a home on a slightly narrower razor Luc

And thanx to one & all for any comments:thumbup1:

If someone wants them, that's fine... If they find a new happy home, I call it success! :thumbup1:

Luc

Staff member
I tried the Luna this morning! Fantastic shaver! Fontenille tomorrow...

Pictures to come!

Luc

Staff member
I tried the Fontenille this morning! Great shave! It's as good as my LeGrelot! The etching on the blade is strangely similar...
attachment.php

attachment.php

Top Bottom