What's new

FLU SHOTS ??

The mosquito trucks! The fog man! All the kids on the block used to run behind them. I lost track of the kids in the old neighborhood. I wonder how many of us have...

Malathion. We used it on the farm. And honestly, when I smell Skin Bracer or Brisk, it reminds me of Malathion.

I used to never bother with flu shots either. Until I ended up with pneumonia about three or four years ago. Two - three weeks of fever, misery, and coughing up blood was enough for me. I now get a flu shot every November.

Everyone i know that has gotten a flu shot ended up getting the flu after getting the shot. While people that don't take it, don't get it.

It doesn't take a genius to know that it's weird. So i never take it.

Before anyone gets all offended or whatever. This is my experience with this. Of course everyone elses will be different. So do what you want.

Everyone i know that has gotten a flu shot ended up getting the flu after getting the shot. While people that don't take it, don't get it.

It doesn't take a genius to know that it's weird. So i never take it.

Before anyone gets all offended or whatever. This is my experience with this. Of course everyone elses will be different. So do what you want.

Your phrasing implies that they took the flu immediately after the shot, implying that they contracted it from the shot. Since the flu shot is made from the dead virus, you can't contract the flu from the shot. The body's immune system keys on thee dead flu virus, and begins to produce antibodies and "recognize" it.

It is possible to contract the flu after immunization. First, you have about a two week window as your body's immune system does its thing. Second, sometimes the flu mutates and sometimes the best guess of the prevalent flu viruses is off. That means the vaccine may only give partial protection, or protect against a different flu from what's going around. Third, no vaccine gives 100% protection. There's a small percentage who take the vaccine but still contracts the disease. I will point out that vaccines are effective enough that the specter of Polio and iron lungs in the US is practically gone, and Small Pox outbreaks are no more.

The main thing here is that you cannot contract the flu from the flu shot because it uses a dead virus. Whether or not someone wants to us it is one thing, but no, the flu shot won't give you the flu.

It doesn't protect from all flu, just the three worst anticipated strains yearly. Got my shot for the 1st time a few days ago. Last year's brutal flu took me almost 6 weeks to fully recover from.

We could have eliminated polio from Africa and the Arab / Irani world in the early 2000s, if it were not for religious figures telling their flocks that it was a 'plot'.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Every single year, including this one. Free; in fact, they paid me $10.

And got the flu, ferociously, last January. Sick as I have ever been ... did the shot help?

I don't know; did it?

AA

(1) Don't get medical advice from a shaving forum.
(2) The amount of misinformation in this thread is astounding. Fortunately, several members have come to the rescue.
(3) The flu is not a cold, a bad cold, bronchitis, or anything else that many of us get from time to time.
(4) I never got the vaccine until the year after i got the flu, which progressed into pneumonia. The pneumonia felt good after the flu--that's how bad the flu is.
(5) I haven't had the flu since then, about 25 years. That doesn't mean I won't get it again even though I get the vaccine every year. It also doesn't mean that I would have had it without the vaccine. But I'd rather not increase my risk based on myths.

The flu vaccine does not stop you from getting the flu. It lessens the chance you will get it and eases some of the symptoms. If you get exposed enough, you will get it. Ask any doctor or nurse.
In 1918, 3-5% of the world's population died from the flu. It killed mostly healthy people by causing their immune systems to attack them. Bleeding to death through your lungs sounds bad to me, almost as bad as eating tripe.
Note: There is no such thing as the Stomach Flu.

Mine was single dose, and didn't have aluminium or thimerosal ("mercury")...
But - assuming your original post is all correct and up to date in most cases - you're sceptical that these vaccines are designed to "lessen the effects of influenza", as you said in the OP. I'd say they are designed to prevent a person from catching the 3/4 worst projected seasonal strains of 'flu, but that might just be quibbling over definitions.
So,
- What are you sceptical about ?
- What is the end-game, what is the purpose of giving these vaccines?
I assume it's gotta be more than "follow the money". I totally understand scepticism about the power and intentions of centralised authority and government & drug company over-reach.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
International Communist conspiracy. :lol:

6D2A2FBB-1D2D-4947-8E6A-8963468BDE9C.jpeg
Mine was single dose, and didn't have aluminium or thimerosal ("mercury")...
But - assuming your original post is all correct and up to date in most cases - you're sceptical that these vaccines are designed to "lessen the effects of influenza", as you said in the OP. I'd say they are designed to prevent a person from catching the 3/4 worst projected seasonal strains of 'flu, but that might just be quibbling over definitions.
So,
- What are you sceptical about ?
- What is the end-game, what is the purpose of giving these vaccines?
I assume it's gotta be more than "follow the money". I totally understand scepticism about the power and intentions of centralised authority and government & drug company over-reach.

Here's my only bit of advice:

You need vaccines and your dog needs meat.
Your dog needs vaccines and you need meat.
Your meat needs vaccines and you need a dog.

Can I make it any clearer than that?

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Having a Mother-In-Law who had Polio as a child I'm all for vaccines. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I also had an uncle in his late 60's die from influenza awhile back. He didn't get vaccinated. Medical Science may not be the best at everything but some things they do very well. Vaccines is one of those things they do very well for the most part.

Top Bottom