What's new

first time with straight razor at babershop

I had a straight razor shave at an AOS in Las Vegas. Very nice experience with hot towels with essential oils as the preshave softener. A nice oresjave oil was applied followed by a very nice cream. I was so relaxed I don’t recall how many passes he made, but it was followed by more towels and an after shave balm.

It was a super experience... worth every penny.

I am thinking about going there as well. Their prices vary by location, not a set price, plus they have 3 tiers of shaves, IIRC.

I am thinking about going there as well. Their prices vary by location, not a set price, plus they have 3 tiers of shaves, IIRC.

I’m almost certain it was at the Venetian. It’s been a couple of years ago, and I think they must have added some tiers. I just remember asking for a shave. I also got a haircut, so I can’t recall exactly how much I paid. But I remember thinking how bad it’d be for the wallet if I lived in LV. I really enjoyed that experience...

I’m almost certain it was at the Venetian. It’s been a couple of years ago, and I think they must have added some tiers. I just remember asking for a shave. I also got a haircut, so I can’t recall exactly how much I paid. But I remember thinking how bad it’d be for the wallet if I lived in LV. I really enjoyed that experience...

By there, I meant AoS. It'll be one of the Dallas locations that I go to, if I choose AoS. I'll be pricing SR barbershops around here, and finding out what the prices include, and whether is a true SE shave or not.

I'm pretty much set of going on my birthday, or weekend of.

By there, I meant AoS. It'll be one of the Dallas locations that I go to, if I choose AoS. I'll be pricing SR barbershops around here, and finding out what the prices include, and whether is a true SE shave or not.

I'm pretty much set of going on my birthday, or weekend of.

That’d be a pretty nice ‘happy birthday to me’ present

My only experiences with SRs at barbershops were when I was a kid, and in the military. They used to cut in the neck and sideburns with them.

I'm thinking about going to have one done for my birthday.
My Birthday is next month, and after
Reading your post I'm thinking I might
Have to join you in a Straight Razor
Shave at a Barber shop...
Thanks for the Idea , it was the farthest
Thing from my mind until now...

Haha. It’s a far cry from a shave and a hair cut for 6 bits...

It’s a great idea for a birthday present. I haven’t thought about it until now. But it’s a man’s answer to the girls day at the spa

Top Bottom